PreciousMetalShipping

I was never really the one to fall in love with someone. Everyone who didn't know me saw me as the cold-hearted one, the one that would never care for anyone. My friend, Blue, would always try to set me up with some girl...like Crystal, or Yellow. Then all our other friends thought I liked Blue, since I grew up with her. But we only had a brother/sister kind of relationship. There was actually one person I liked that I would never admit to anyone though...

Gold.

I knew he didn't like me back, and if I did tell him, he'd probably find it awkward and never want to be near me anymore. He's my best friend...I didn't want to lose that.

I tried clearing my head, wondering if I really did like him like that, or if I was just being plain stupid. I took a quiet walk through Viridian Forest, since it was always much quieter than the actual city of Viridian; since its so close to where the Pokemon League takes place, there's always a million people coming through. 

Other than the crunch of the leaves whenever I'd step on some, it was perfectly quiet...

"Hey, Sil!" 

Well it was...

"Hey, Silver, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" Gold said, running from behind me, and catching up to me.

"Taking a walk..." I said simply.

"By yourself?"

"Do you see anyone else here?"

"Well...I'm here!" He said, spreading his arms out wide with that goofy grin on his face.

I sighed. "Fine, I'm taking a walk with you." I felt my face get a little hot as I said that.

Gold was still smiling. "That's better!"

"This walk was meant to be quiet, so shut up..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh come on Silver, I know there's something you want to talk about..." 

"No, I'm fine." I lied.

"I know you usually take walks when you want to clear your head of something...don't you think its better to talk it out?" Gold knew me too well...but he didn't know that I wanted to clear my head of him.

"No. There's nothing I want to talk about, so stop bugging me about it." I said, starting to look down while walking.

"Well if you're not gonna talk, I will!"

Oh joy...

"Ok, well I know you're not really a romantic type, but can I just talk to you about something?"

"Whatever..."

"There's someone I really like, but I don't know how to tell them..."

I felt something bubble up inside me. I would call it jealousy, but I won't admit it...

"Why not? You always happen to have some kind of pick up line with every girl that comes your way..." I said.

"But this person isn't really into cheesy pick up lines..."

"How the hell am I suppose to help you with this?" I asked. He could always go to Blue or someone for advice... 

"Because you understand me more than any other of our friends! You know what I would do, right?"

I looked up, and just as expected, he was using his Lillipup eyes on me. Damn it Gold, stop being so cute...

"Please...?"

I sighed, looking away again. "Fine..."

"Yes! Thank you!" He shouted, pulling me into a hug. I, of course, tried pushing him away, even though I kinda appreciated it...

"Alright, so if stupid pick up lines don't work, then what would? Do you know?" I asked once he let go.

"Hm...I don't know. I don't think they've ever been in love..."

"Then good luck with that." I mumbled.

"They aren't really into physical contact..."

Something Gold would not be able to hold back.

"They aren't really into nicknames."

Something Gold gives almost everyone.

"And I don't even think they know that I love them..." He finished, looking down.

"Then give her flowers, or chocolates. I don't know."

Gold put his hand on his chin as if he was thinking. "Yeah...ok, maybe. Thanks, Silver!" He shouted, running off to Viridian City.

I sighed, there was no chance he would get this girl...

I just didn't really expect the box of chocolates and a yellow rose to be right at my front door the next morning...