Chapter 2: The Accidental Meeting

Start from the beginning

I could feel glares behind my back which I ignored. It's probably coming from the popular table. Don't get me wrong, the popular women in the popular table are not all bítches. Emile, for example, is usually seated in the popular table surrounded by those good looking, kick ass women but she's totally not like them in any way.

My thoughts were interrupted as a hard object hit the back of my head and a piece of ice dropped to the grass. I sighed and turned around to see the women in popular table giggling at me. "I told you she's a weirdo," the one in the middle, the one with the cropped, dark hair said ",weak people like that should not train and just sit in the kitchen, cleaning plates or something."

I tightened my grip on my sandwich and dropped my gaze on the glass of water before me. Ignore them, Holly. The small voice in my head said and I did, really. I really did try my best not to.

Until the bítch said those words.

"I mean, the rumors about her with The Lord of Winchester? Ugh. Give me a break! The guy is a psycho! I've heard from the higher ups that Calvin Campbell is good as dead. He's a useless scum of the earth anyway... just like all vampire lords are."

Without noticing, I stood up, leaving my crumpled sandwich in the table and stalked towards the popular table where the little girls gathered around, still gossiping about vampire lords. My feet felt heavy as the will to turn around became an impossible task. I saw all red and I no longer contained my anger as I grabbed her by her dark hair and yanked back as hard as I could. The woman shrieked and fell on the grass with a thud. The whole crowd gasped as I straddled her and directed feeble punches to her face.

"He's not weak! HE IS NOT WEAK!" like a mantra, I repeated the words and tried my best to mutilate her face as much as I could but everyone can predict what is to come. Upon recovery, she immediately grabbed me by my hair and pulled. I heard a few strands snap as my scalp felt being ignited by flames. The crowd around us gathered around and cheered, not even wanting to stop the fight. Effortlessly, she pushed me away and I stumbled back on my feet; she assessed her hair before growling at me and launching herself towards my small frame.

Tried as I might, I can never over power a warrior werewolf. I kicked and punched but she gained upper hand decided to twist the tables by straddling me and punching me repeatedly in the face. I have to admit, it hell hurts! But at least I've protected Calvin's dignity. He's all I'm worried about anyway. I curled in a small ball, taking in all her kicks and punches, waiting for her to stop.

This is what I do when I was still in the Farcaster pack and it works all the time. They eventually become bored.

As she was to deliver another kick in my stomach, I felt someone pick me by the armpits. My limp body was cradled again by familiar strong arms and the smell of the woods after a good shower entered my nostrils. He smells so much like a powerful alpha and I just can't stop but to wonder what happened with his pack. The crowd stopped cheering as his menacing presence was felt; like the aura of a vampire lord going in a rampage, and alpha would send pheromones that would warn anyone to back off. And right now, Harley is doing that to protect me.

"What happened here?" His low voice entered my ears and the tone of authority singed me to the bones. Everyone remained silent as I cracked my swelling eyes open. The blinding light of the sun shone up before me and I squinted in response to that. When the my eyes adjusted to the light, I averted my gaze to Harley Bracken whose eyes are turning into a light shade of amber, warning anyone who would approach us.

Eventually, the girl whose hair is as disheveled as mine huffed and crossed her arms around her protectively as if not sure if she's going to stand up and speak to the alpha werewolf. "She... she just attacked me out of the blue! Talk about a weirdo! I guess the little bítch is still caught up with the faulty vampire lord of Winchester to even think that she's with the rebellion now."