Eight- Tristan

I take Dakota's empty popcorn bucket and fill it up, and run back to her. Jesse is there now.

"Oh, hey, Jesse." I say.

"Tristan,"

"Funny we see you here!" I exclaim.

"Yah, so, so funny." Jesse gives me a look.

"Alrighty, fellas. We are just gonna move along now." Dakota steps in.

"Bye, DJ." Jesse says and puts his arm around Emily.

"Goodbye JD."

As we walk outside the movie theater, I finally ask. "Hey, I Dakota. I know we've only been dating for about four months, but is there something going on between you and Jesse Douglas?"

"Was there something going on when you stood me up on our first date?" She snaps.

"Look, Dakota. I'm sorry. I already told you my dad had a heart condition thingy." I explain.

"I know. Tris, but I'm just trying to prove a point. I've already told you. Nothing between Jess and I."

I smile and lean her down and kiss her with her leg in the air. "Meet my family, Dakota."

I come from a big family of four older brothers and, two younger sisters.

"There's, Tammy and Bill. My parents. Then Travis, Timothy, Tyler, Tanner, me, then Trinity, and last but not least, Teagan." I explain.

"My gosh, what are all the ages?" She asks.

"Travis is 27, and the youngest Teagan is 14. I guess that can't give you a gist."

"I guess I'm just not used to the big families. Only having Dallas, it's definitely not like having six other siblings." She laughs.

I slowly place my hand on her cheek as she looks up at me. "I'll keep you safe, Dakota Jade." I promise.

She puts her hand on mine. "Okay," She says and goes on her tip toes to reach my lips.

She's amazing, and everything I've ever wanted in someone.

I'm so grateful I've met her.