Five- Dakota

I sit waiting for my date to show up. I feel stupid, telling the waiter that he will show.

Will he?

Tristan Romani.

The gorgeous boy and amazing kisser from the party the other night.

Thirty minutes into waiting, I text Tristan and he doesn't respond.

So I text Dallas to pick me up. I would walk, but it five miles away and I'm too humiliated.

Kota- sorry, can u pick me up from the cafe in downtown? I'll send the address.
Dall- no I can't sis. I'm at work
Kota- dangit
Dall- bye sorry
Kota- bye

Jess- Hey what is the address? I'll come pick u up.
Kota- oh, you don't have to I'll get an Uber or something.
Jess- no. Dall texted me I have to

I hop into Jess's car and look out the window as he drives.

"Hey, I'm sorry." He says.

I don't say anything.

"You're a pretty girl, and fun to be around. You'll find someone. Plus, you're 19. You've got plenty of time."

"Oh, good. I'm under aged, fun and pretty. What great qualities." I snap back.

"Woah, DJ. I'm sorry," he apologizes. "That isn't what I meant."

"Well that's what you said."

After many moments of silence, I finally break it. "Can we stop at your place? I left something there."

We pull into the parking garage, and Jesse catches up to me as we walk in. "You'll find somebody. I promise. Maybe not now, maybe not the person you want it to be, but you will."

As I walk out of Dallas's room, after grabbing my shoes, I see Jesse at the counter. He's looking at me, then shakes his head like he was thinking.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing, nothing." He says and slides his shoes on.

He turns back around, like he's going to say it, but then sighs and lowers his head.

"Spit it out!" I say.

He looks up.

He steps closer and puts his hand on my cheek. He looks into my eyes.

Our noses touch first, then our lips. His other hand is on my shoulder, as he kisses me like he has been waiting forever to make a move.

It's weird, kissing him.

But so, so good.