t h i r t e e n

Aberdeen Washington, 1987October 11thGrays Harbor Community Hospital

October 11th
Grays Harbor Community Hospital

After the fight that happened between Meadow and Kurt, she was feeling more than drained. Presley had stayed with her overnight, but Blair had to go home and get to work on time. Blair's boyfriend Corey stopped by to drop off flowers, but that was it.

Meadow waded in her silence desperately waiting for Kurt to come around, but he never showed. After it had all went down, she spilled everything to Blair and Presley whilst almost at the point of sobbing uncontrollably. Presley fell asleep in the chair next to her, but Meadow couldn't bring herself to sleep.

How could you ruin something so great? Kurt actually gave a fuck about you. Fuck you, you always damage things. She was back to some of her darkest thoughts invading her day to day life. Meadow's earlier years were always bombarded with loneliness. She never had parents with her at all, it had been her and Blair for as long as she can remember. She didn't want that loneliness again.

Meadow looked over at the clock and saw it was eight thirty in the morning. She sighed and turned over in her bed, trying not to take any of her I.Vs out but also not giving a fuck if anything did happen. She also didn't want to wake Presley considering it looked like she was peaceful for once.

Her attempt failed when she heard a small snore and then Presley jolting up from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes and cracked her neck.

"Hey, you up?" She pretended to be asleep so Presley would leave her alone, but it didn't work that well. She stood up figuring out a way to get Meadow's attention. Meadow still laid there "sleeping" until she was being poked in all different sides of her stomach.

She jolted up laughing yelling at Presley to stop. Presley looked at her, studying her for a minute. She was checking for any mood shifts in Meadow, Presley had always been good at reading her even when they were little.

"You've been crying, haven't you?," Presley uttered, "Did you even get any sleep last night?"

She made her way over to the bed so she could sit diagonal from Meadow to get a better look at her. Meadow winced at the question considering she hated making Presley feel like it was her job to worry about her.

"Don't look at the sheets dumbass, I'm up here." Presley grabbed her face to make sure that they had direct eye contact. It didn't even take a minute for Meadow's emerald green eyes to well up with tears again.

"Presley, I don't think you get how much pain I'm trying to endure right now," She sighed deeply, "I don't give a fuck about my appendix right now or whatever might've "burst' I really messed up again and this time it was with someone that wanted to be there, but as usual I never want to let anyone in."