t h r e e

Aberdeen, Washington 1987September 25thIt had been about a week since Meadow got the job at Bloom Cafe, upon hearing the news of her sister getting the job, Blair bought her a "Congratulations" cake and even made her a bracelet

September 25th
It had been about a week since Meadow got the job at Bloom Cafe, upon hearing the news of her sister getting the job, Blair bought her a "Congratulations" cake and even made her a bracelet.

Blair had always been good at making jewelry since she was little, but it wasn't until about four years ago that she started making bracelets and necklaces. Blair had also been good at singing when she was younger too, but Meadow and her both know she can't do much of that anymore.

"M, did you know Mrs. Lidecki is moving out?" Mrs. Lidecki was their seventy-five year old neighbor who had been living next to them since they were babies.

For as long as Blair and Meadow could remember, she would always taunt them and call them "ugly, ungrateful asswipes." She was cruel, vile, just a real bitch in simpler terms.

"No way! It's about time that old hag moved out." Meadow replied with a smile on her face. "It is about time, her dust was starting to clog my throat."
Meadow and Blair both broke out into laughter just remembering all the evil things Mrs. Lidecki has ever said to them.

You would think they would be upset due to what Mrs. Lidecki has said to them, but they were more grateful than sad.

"Wait a minute, so if the wicked witch of the west is moving out, who's moving in? Shit, what if they're worse than her. Look B, I have handled that shitbag since we were kids and I was always polite, but if these new neighbors cross me, I'm fighting fire with fire."

"There's no need, I heard it's just a boy about your age with two parents and a little sister." Meadow rolled her eyes playfully, "Whatever, all I'm saying is that they better not piss me off."

"Hey, come on. Don't be like that, maybe the boy is cute. From what I hear, he's your age." Blair said smirking at Meadow. Meadow hadn't been in a relationship since she was fourteen and it was with some prick named Jameson Morris.

James was always a douche to Meadow, but she didn't want to realize it until she found out he was cheating on her with Kelsey Heart, the most "popular girl" at their school, and also her best friend at the time. After that, Meadow vowed to never date again.

"I don't care if he's cute or not." Meadow answered back harshly.

"Oh, come on. Are you really going to let some boy from years ago ruin love and all things nice for you? I went through the same shit you did and I ended up with Corey." Meadow eyed her sister up and down.

"You've been with Corey for a little over a month, and you claim you love him? Yeah, okay." Meadow said sarcastically. "That's not love, that's desperation."

Blair quickly replied, "I'm not gonna argue with you shitbag, all I'm saying is that love isn't as bad as you make it seem. When you love someone, you'd do anything for them. You're nineteen, this is the best time to fall in love.

Blair sighed, "I'm heading off to bed, you should too considering you have work in the morning." Meadow walked up to her sister and engulfed her in a hug.

"I love you, sleep well."