t w e n t y t w o

Seattle, Washington 1991
Meadow's House
September 23rd

It's been four years since the remnants of Nirvana began. Meadow has lived to see each horrifying yet mind blowing day. She's also been dating the lead singer for two years now. Kurt and Meadow had a very supportive relationship, it was give to me and I'll give back.

Meadow had always supported Kurt in his music, as well as him supporting her with becoming a painter. As a child her escape seemed to fall in line with drawing. She was always eager to do so, this intrigued Kurt and he was more than happy to let her get a move on. Today was a big day for the band, their second album was set for release.

Kurt had expressed his concerns about it, not really liking the way certain things sounded. Meadow knew he was a perfectionist, but she always tried to keep him grounded. After all, you can't have everything exactly the way you want it all the time. This was something Kurt was still coming to terms with. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" had came and went already, the single becoming a hit. You could say Nirvana came at perfect timing, the height of teenage rebellion and experimentation with recreational drugs. Meadow had never seen so many people eager to hear an album since Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd.

There were t-minus 10 minutes before the album would debut, the animosity was killing both Meadow And Kurt. Dave and Krist were more lax about it, excited but lax. A lot has changed in the past two years though. Dave and Presley ended up not working out, but are still best friends. Presley had started seeing Louise Post of Veruca Salt about a year after breaking up with Dave. Louise was a breath of fresh air, someone who came in to Presley's life and left her dizzy with joy. It was impressive to say the least.

Meadow was ecstatic upon hearing about Louise, excited that her best friend was with someone who made her heart soar. Krist and Shelly are no longer together, it just wasn't written in the stars for them. They talk every now and again, but that's practically all. We already know about Meadow and Kurt, two lovebirds swinging through marmalade skies.

Meadow entered her shared bedroom with Kurt, gently placing her outfit on the bed. "Yep, this'll work." She walked back over to the bathroom, trying her best to look dolled up for the MTV Appearance that Nirvana was going to make later on. Kurt hadn't changed, he was still the same "I don't care about interviews or fame" type of guy. However, he encouraged Meadow to always feel her best and that he'd never get mad at her for doing an interview or tagging along. He wanted to see her shine next to him and even when he was away.

She went for a more cat looking appearance with her make-up, nothing too extreme but just enough. She turned her vinyl player off before grabbing her shoes. Would their apartment be theirs if not for Kurt leaving his things on the floor? She didn't think so, neither did her big toe that was now hurting due to stumbling on his things. She hated that she could never stay too mad about it, she would just laugh and move things out of the way.

He was getting better at it, that was a promise he made to her. He said he would clean his space more often, but he's almost constantly in some sort of imagination island that Meadow doesn't hold it against him. She finished getting ready, grabbing her keys and heading for the door. Tonight should be good, right?