12

I woke up slowly and painfully. My head was killing me, my muscles ached and everything was bright even with my eyes closed. When I did finally open my eyes, I saw two pairs of feet instead of just my own. I then realized I was laying on someone.

My eyes travelled up to see Peter, eyes closed, listening to music. I jumped slightly then moved away from him. He jumped off the bed and ripped his headphones out.

"Don't be mad! You asked me to sit with you."

I winced. "First off, stop yelling. Second, I'm not mad. Just confused. Also, these were not the clothes I was wearing when I went to bed."

"Oh, yeah. There's been someone watching you the whole day."

"Watching me? The whole day? Okay, slow down because my head hurts and focusing is like walking on water for me right now."

"Okay. So, Tony sat watch until someone came to find him since neither of you were at training. Then he said he couldn't leave you but he had to get his training hours in for the day so we all agreed to take shifts. Natasha changed you into something more comfortable and you've been sleeping all day.

"You woke up about an hour ago saying something about a nightmare then you asked me to sit with you. I wasn't gonna say no because you were crying. So I'm sorry if that was too far," he said, finally taking a breath.

"I'm not mad, Peter. I was just confused. Am I allowed to take a shower?"

"Sure."

So I took my time in the shower. The warm water felt amazing and I just stood there for a while. About halfway through my shower, a little noise caught my attention. I slowly peeked around the corner to see Natasha sitting on the counter, picking at her nails.

"Um...can I have some privacy?"

She looked up. "I'm sorry. Tony is insisting someone be with you at all times."

"Well, at least he had the decency to send in a girl."

She laughed. "Darling, you're lucky I was there or it would've been Tony himself."

"Ew, ew, ew."

I went back in the shower and washed the conditioner out of my hair. Natasha spoke when I was about to turn the shower off. Her words made me stop.

"Why did you do it, Celestial?"

"Do what?"

"The...well, the scars and stuff."

"How do you know about that?"

I could hear the nervousness in her voice. "Um, Tony told us. That's why he won't let you out of anyone's sight."

"He had no right."

"I know, and I'm sorry for asking. But I worry just as much as everyone else."

"Get out."

"What?"

"Get out. I have to dry off."

"Oh. Okay, I'll be right outside the door if you need me."

When she left I quickly got out and dried off. So that's why I couldn't find my razor. I looked in the drawers and couldn't find any of my spares either. Would've been nice to have been able to shave my armpits but whatever.

I quickly dressed in a warm sweater and a comfortable pair of high waisted skinny jeans before I stomped out of my room to find Tony. He sat in the living room with Peter and Quill, a drink in hand. I raised my hand and blasted his glass out of his hand. It flew across the room and shattered against the wall. Doors opened and slammed as the rest of the Avengers ran to the living room to make sure no one was being killed.