Chapter 23

The next morning the girls woke up and everything seemed oddly routine given the visitor they just had the night before. Then again Emma saw no reason why Carmen or Elizabeth would change their routine. After all they didn't know about their night time visitor, that secret was kept between Emma and Lucy, and Emma was forced to just sit on the new information and not do anything. After all it could be a long time before they went to central again, and they had no reason to take her with them when they did. So she would just have to wait until the opportunity arose to do anything. That's if she even did want to do anything. Emma was still unsure if she wanted to go through with it or not. Having her old life back sounded nice, but really what was waiting for her? How better off would she be if she left now? Would it be better to see this through to the end and see if it helped her any?

     Emma was distracted from her thought as a plush ball smacked her in the face, a bell could be heard jingling inside. Lucy was sitting on the opposite end of the couch in a yellow dress giggling. She was the obvious source of the flying object that had stricken Emma in the face. Emma held the ball tight. She was in a pink onesie decorated with white cats. With a grunt she pelted Lucy with the plush ball in retaliation. Another giggle could be heard escaping Lucy as the ball ricocheted off her and into the floor.

"Hey play nice Emma!" Carmen warned from the kitchen.

"But she started it," Emma whined.

"I don't care who started it. Play nice or get a spanking."

"Yes Momma," Emma said with a pout. Emma huffed as Lucy gently passed her the ball and she gently passed it back. Emma had to admit that little space was really good at passing the time and for processing complex emotions like the ones she had had lately.

"Bwoks Emmy!" Lucy shouted having gotten bored with the ball now that she could no longer pelt Emma with it. Emma waddled after her as she made her way to the play pen where the blocks along with several toys were stored. Carmen cautiously poked her head into the room upon hearing the scurrying of feet but resigned herself back to the kitchen once discovering the two littles stacking blocks in the play pen.

"How are my little babies doing?" Elizabeth said surprising both Emma and Lucy by sneaking up on them and launching a kiss attack on their faces.

"Mommy!" Lucy giggled with glee.

"Did you have a nice nap?" Emma asked, as that's where she had spent the better part of the last two hours.

"I had a very nice nap little Emy, but it would have been a lot better with my little cuddle bugs there," Emma and Lucy smiled at the praise.

"Wiggle worms more like they would have kept you awake the whole time," Carmen added as she came in to hug her partner.

"I think it's time for nummies," Elizabeth said happily. "I just got up and I want to see my babies."

"Yaaaay!" Lucy cheered as she and Emma were led toward the couch.

     A familiar scene for Emma began to play out as this time she was sat in Elizabeth's lap while Lucy was fed by Carmen. The only obvious difference is that no rougish woman revealed herself in the grass next to the house this time, though her shadow was still there for Emma at least.