Lights, Camera, Action

Start from the beginning

The area around me is crowded, jammed and if that's not any better a group of girls pushing their way past me, shout what almost sounded like . . . Byun Baekhyun! Oh boy . . . 

This boy—Byun Baekhyun, my secret brother whose last name isn't even Park.

Dear God, can you please answer me why we became sworn brothers, I'll go back to being a child of yours.

My phone rings again—louder.

The line doesn's get any shorter and it isn't moving, so I come up with an excuse, hoping the ladies would make space for me because my brother has no patience and for some odd reason decided to call me.

"May I please cut in? It's urgent, I'm on my period and it's been more than two hours, surely you all would understand and wouldn't want to get infected, right?" Last bit of my words hang in silence, there are eyebrow raised, a few girls with long straight brown hair stifle a laugh.

"Oh dear, we're so sorry for holding up the line, but another one also has the same problem as you, Mrs. Transfer, Park Sooyun, or should I say newbie from America," she says in an apologetic singsong tone, curling her hair into twists like the girl's braids standing beside her.

Did she really just say that? Anger fumes me, my blood boiling, then I make a perfect comeback.

"Oh, sucks for you, not being able to speak English ever since you were born," the bad side of me desperately wants to punch her square in the face, "Oh, by the way, you might want to pull your skirt down, you're not a heroine in some manga or Japanese drama shit." he stares at me, astonished, jaw dropped. Satisfied with the outcome my legs carry me quick past the line into the restroom. 

With a dash I'm in the bathroom stall, locking it and slide down the light caramel-colored door, releasing a long exhausted sight.

Then I pick up the call, phone next to my hear, hearing screaming from behind. 

"Sooyun, um we have a bit of a problem here . . . "

"Baekhyun, I swear to god you are—"

"Hey, sis, help a bro out. Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and I were just out buying some groceries. Also, don't tell anyone I told you, but we're having a comeback in four months."

"What? I'm sorry, I can't hear you, where are you anyway?" 

"I'm running, out in the streets, heading to your school to pick my little sister up," Baekhyun says in a yell, cheerfully, and I'm pretty sure he's smiling. 

"What, do you have any idea, you're an idol? I don't need you to pick me up, you're not my boyfriend, Mr. Bacon!"

My frustration levels are rudely high. Distraught drowns me, yet, being the more cautious one, I storm out of the restroom. I run out the school gates and catch his figure.

"Sooyun! How I'm glad to see you. My little sister is all grown up," he tugs at my cheeks, smiling happily but he frowns seeing the annoyance written all over my face. "Did something happen?"

Cautious is a word that slipped out of my dictionary the moment Jaeseon said my face resembles a lot like my older sworn brother, Byun Baekhyun. He looks at me with concern in his eyes, then his ears perk up, and he pulls me along, running for the bus. And before we can calm down, we've taken a seat, then laugh like it was the medicine we needed so badly.

"Why did you decide to pick me up all of a sudden."

"Because I used to do that and I miss taking care of you. I miss my little sister, her presence lights me up and lets me know she's okay." Baekhyun lets out, patting my head.