61-Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

Start from the beginning

"Who gives this woman away?" The priest asks and Tony stands up a little bit straighter. There is tears in his eyes as he turns to look at me. I smile at him, still trying not to cry. I hold my brother's hand, patting it.

"I, her brother, do." Tony says and the priest nods. My dear brother turns look at Steve, who also has tears in his eyes, and tells him, "You better take care of her."

"I will." Steve responds and Tony simply nods before hugging and kissing my cheek. I silently tell him thank you before he moves to sit down next to Happy who is holding Benjamin. I step up on the same step as Steve, finally fully looking at my husband. He looks so beautiful in his navy blue suit. He smiles at me as he holds my hands.

"Hey." He says softly and I grin.

"Hi." I respond, which causes everyone to chuckle at our exchange. The priest clears his throat, looking at both of us.

"Dearly beloved, we gathered today to celebrate and witness the marriage of Steven Grant Rogers and Peyton Annemarie Stark. Now, Steven Rogers and Peyton Stark are both already married, however they have decided to get married in the eyes of God. Especially since the last time they had gotten married, it was when they were wanted criminals." The priest jokes, which causes more chuckling. To be honest, I was sort of in the haze of just utter bliss as we went through the traditional Catholic wedding things. I didn't really come out of it until the priest directly speaks to the two of us.

"Alright Steven, you're going to repeat after me, alright?" The priest says and Steve nods.

"I, Steven Grant Rogers, take you, Peyton Annemarie Stark, for my lawful wife. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Steve repeats, holding my hands in his. His thumb rubs circles into my skin. The priest turns to me and I nod, knowing what I am going to do.

"I, Peyton Annemarie Stark, take you, Steven Grant Rogers, for my lawful husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." I repeat, looking at my husband through the veil.

"May I have the rings?" The priest asks and Tony stands, now holding Benjamin, who is holding the ring bearer's pillow. My brother walked towards us, Benjamin grinning at me.

"He has them. Okay Benny give your parents the rings." Tony says and Benjamin giggles at us. Steve takes the rings and we both kiss Benjamin's little red cheeks. Tony moves to sit down and the priests takes the rings before handing me Steve's and handing Steve mine. I look at my husband, taking his hand.

"With this ring, I thee red." I say, almost shakily as I slide the vibranium ring onto his finger. My eyes look up to look at him as he does the same. He's shaking too.

"With this ring, I thee wed." He responds, sliding the cold metal into my warm skin. Steve and I smile at each other, stupidly big smiles.

"I pronounce you two husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest speaks and Steve lifts up my veil before pulling me close and kissing me. I cup his cheek, my arm wrapping my arm around his neck, kissing him back as everyone cheers. I pull away from Steve, smiling. I can't wipe this damn smile from my face.

"I give you to, Mr and Mrs Rogers." The priest announces and Tony hands Benjamin off to my husband. As a family, we walk down the aisle as music plays. More pictures snap and snap and snap.

-

Steve zipped up my reception dress, his hands moving to rest on my hips. He smiles at me in the mirror. This dress was much tighter than the dress I wore for the ceremony. This dress had a deep V and an open back. I look up at him, smiling.

"You know, we could just stay in here." Steve says, a grin smile growing on his face. I laugh, moving in his arms to look up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I shake my head, smirking at him.

"I'm a terrible influence on you, Rogers. Look how inappropriate you are now." I tell him and he grins, his hands resting on my back. I kiss him happily, cupping his cheek. He kisses me back, holding me close. I'm sure more would have happened, but the door to the little room we were in opened. Steve and I pulled away, looking at the person standing in the door.

"Save it for the honeymoon. They're going to announce you two." Natasha says with a smirk and I sigh. I pull away from Steve, holding on tightly to his hand and following Natasha. My heels bring me to the same height as Steve as we walk out into the repurposed level of Avengers tower that has been turned into a ballroom for this as they announce us. My hips sway ever so slightly as we move, music filling the air. Steve and I kiss each other before taking a seat at our table in front of everyone. Natasha hands me my gorgeous little son and I hold him close as they serve dinner.

The way the table is situated, it's almost like Steve and I are some Queen and King, holding court. The camera flashes as Steve turns his head towards me. Once this picture hits the internet days later, some say exactly that. Others say that it looks like a version of the Last Supper. Although, I don't know that yet. All I know that I'm sitting here, surrounded my friends and family. There's no sycophants here, no government officials. My big wedding isn't as large as I wouldn't wanted it a year or two ago, but I think it's fine. This moment only rivals the birth of my child.

Don't you know what's going to happen? You've jinxed yourself.

Before I know it, it's the first dance. Tony and Pepper watch over Benjamin as Steve takes my hand. My arm wraps around his neck once we are in the middle of the dance floor, the other holding his hand. Steve and I sway along to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love". I look up at Steve, my heart sighing in my chest. Tears of utter happiness roll down my cheeks as I realize that I've gotten my happy ending, I've gotten what I've always thought I'd never have. Steve smiles at me, wiping away my tears as they flow down my cheeks. He kisses my forehead, letting my lay my head on his chest as he holds my hand. Steve's other hand rests on the small of back.

"I love you so much." I tell him softly as we move, looking up at him. Steve smiles down at me, a huge ridiculous smile.

"I love you too, darling." He responds. I never want the dance to end. It's like it's just the two of us, only the two of us in the room. I love him so much. I don't think I could ever live without him.

You're going to have to learn to live without him. He leaves you. You should've ran.