Chapter 8 - Oh My Friend

Start from the beginning

I let out a laugh, "Buddy I saw you this morning before you left." I wrapped my arms around him too, but eventually let go and put my keys on the counter.  I headed outside by the boys to see they were all in the pool except for Quinn, who was putting spray on, perfect!

I was making my way over to him but I felt two strong, wet arms wrapping around me.
"Jack I you did not just get me all wet while I'm in regular clothes." I said wishing it weren't true.

"Whoops." He said with a smirk and kissed my cheek giving me an innocent smirk.

I laughed and pushed him back into the pool before turning around and heading back to Quinn. I noticed he was now sitting down on his phone, instead of being in the pool.

"What are you doing here by yourself you weirdo, go socialize." I joked, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Hey you bully, I need to let my lotion settle in or else it won't work and I'll get burnt." He said matter of factly and put his phone down.

"Whatever nerd, but I need to ask you a serious question." I said, my voice getting a little bit lower just to assure that no one would hear us. He nodded his head and waited for me to talk.
"Who is Veronica?" I said almost nonchalantly.

"Ummm- I- He" Quinn started stuttering and I sighed. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you, that's Jacks job not mine. I'm sorry." He said with a small frown, "But I can tell you that she's Jacks ex, that's about it, though."

I nodded and stood up, "Thanks Quinny, much appreciated for the effort." I said, headed up to my room to change.

I threw on a cute black bikini and headed back downstairs by the boys. They were all eating pizza, even though they had all just gotten out of the pool, soaking wet.

I instantly noticed Jacks amazing body that I didn't notice before and I practically drooled at the sight. I walked closer to him and he let out a goofy laugh from something Trevor said and it made me smile. It's crazy that one simple laugh from his lips could make me feel so giddy inside.

Once he noticed me, he pulled me by my waist so I sat on his lap, as he chomped down into a slice of pizza.

He leaned his head against my shoulder and continued his conversation with the guys.

"ewwww I know that we all wanted you guys to date but like, no pda man." Josh groaned at the sight of me on Jacks lap.

I held a teasing smirk on my face, "You mean this" I said, connecting my lips with Jacks, but not holding the kids longer than a couple seconds.

The feedback I got from this was a bunch of fake throw up noises. I laughed and Jack kissed my cheek before going back to eating his pizza and talking to the boys.

As he did this, I couldn't help but think about that Veronica girl. It was just weird that this was all so sudden and had to happen once me and Jack had started dating.

My thoughts were once again interrupted by Jack.
"Ava, come in the pool with me, it's too hot out here." He said in a whiny tone, getting up, me having to do the same.

"Fine. But not because I like you, because I want to." I said jokingly. He laughed and we both jumped into the pool like little kids. I jumped on his back and he threw me on his shoulders, just goofing around for a good 20 minutes. The boys then joined us in the pool and we had a great time as well.

Finally about 2 hours later, I got out of the pool and dried myself off, because the boys said they had wanted to go to the boardwalk since they don't have practice tomorrow, so I could go get ready. I headed upstairs and showered quickly, drying out my hair and leaving it down naturally. I then put on a cute pair of dark denim shorts with a white tube top and white converse. I looked like a basic white girl but I really didn't care.