Chapter 4- Kisses, surprises, and cries

I took a couple selfies as I was on the tanning bed and I decided to post some on Instagram.

avabrodeur - # I look gross193,759 likes

193,759 likes

COMMENTS
marner_93 first comment yay
dylanstrome second comment yay
cmcdavid third comment yay
avabrodeur ^^ I hate you all
user1 omg you're so gorg
user2 puck bunny
trevorzegras hey bestie
jackhughes # you look hot
quinnhughes @ jnorris @ spencerknight^^ hes whipped
will_brodeur ew
                                  LOAD MORE

I smiled as I went through all of the comments, but got bored after I realized the guys still weren't outside. I headed inside, until I slipped on one of Max's toys in the living room.

I cursed out loud when I instantly felt a tremendous pain in my knee. Tears started blurring my vision, when someone came to my side but I couldn't see who it was.

They carried me upstairs to my room, comforting me the whole way, and lightly placed me on my bed. I wiped my eyes to see Jack, and Alex, John, and Max standing behind him.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked with a face of worry as he kept his hand on my cheek.
I shook my head, "My knee is killing me so fuck-" I stopped myself realizing Max was in the room, "Fricken bad. Can you grab me two aspirin and a water from my bathroom please?" He nodded and went to grab it right away.

"I'm sorry Avey," Max said looking down on the floor guiltily, "I didn't mean for my toys to hurt you even more."

I instantly frowned, "Aww, come here Maxy." I said, patting the spot on the bed next to me, "It was an accident okay, it's not your fault I promise."

He nodded and Jack came back into my room and handed me the medicine. I took the pills desperately, wanting this pain to go away forever.

Jack saw my discomfort and spoke up, "Hey John and Alex, why don't you go finishing playing nhl 18 without me. The boys will be back soon with the pizza."
The three boys nodded, leaving just me and Jack alone.

I groaned in pain, and shifted over so I was cuddling in a ball, my arms crossed over my knee.
He rubbed my back and gently cooed at me, calming me down with his chilling touch.

Once the pain started to subside, I took a deep breath and sat up.

"So what really happened with your knee? I know you said that it was a hockey incident, but I really want to know." He said wIth a smile. He sat criss crossed across from me, and I mimicked his position.

I took a deep breath and let all of my emotions out, "Well. I was the captain of Women's World Juniors for USA. We were playing against Canada, who are our biggest competitors, just like you guys. We were tied late in the third, and they were attacking us with some real hard hits. Unfortunately, I was on the receiving end of that and took a really bad blow to the knee. All of my teammates kept telling me to go to the trainer, but I wanted to stay on the ice- I needed to. So it was the final minute of play, and my knee was on fire. I was basically limping when I skated. Canada has the extra attacker on, and an empty net. All I remember is my friend Kelly passing it to me, me skating the fastest I've ever skated before, and shooting the puck once I was at the blue line. Just as it was about to go in, someone hit me with the hardest hit of my life. So hard, that I literally passed out from pain in my knee and my head." I said feeling the tears start up again.