Chapter 4

Jane glanced at the alarm clock by her bed, sighing. 5:45 am. David was going to be late for practice. His first damn day, and he was going to mess up because of his party

She sat up, chewing on her lip. Ryder would love for David to mess up on the first day, and for a moment, the sad side of her pitiful heart wanted David to screw up. He'd hurt her yesterday. He'd looked at her like he'd done in the past, then he'd gone off with his precious Diane.

All night she'd wondered if he'd renewed their relationship. Had he'd kissed her? Had he danced with her? What would she do if things got serious—ife started bringing Diane over to their house?

Well, there was one thing she could do to stop that—let him get in trouble and get kicked off the team. His dad would punish him and then he'd have no time for Diane.

"Seriously, Jane?" she hissed at herself for being such a cowardly bitch. David wanted this so badly, and he wasn't even hers to be getting so worked up about. He was her stepbrother, and stepbrothers dated.

Her lips quivered, but she closed the door on her heart. David had been killing it as the strong linebacker, but he wanted the middle position. He was a leader, and he deserved the chance to take back some of his lost glory.

Jane swung her legs over. She wasn't going to let him ruin his chance. If Ryder really deserved it, he'd pull up his grade and earn his spot back. They'd have to grow up because the college teams weren't going to take whiners.

She walked toward their joined bath. Hopefully, his side was unlocked; she wasn't in the mood to walk all over the house to wake him. Even if she was going to be mature about helping him, she was tired and wasn't going to forget he should've been responsible instead of doing whatever it was that had him coming home past midnight.

The door was actually ajar. She figured it was possible he'd left it open by accident when their dad interrupted . . . nothing. Nothing. David meant nothing by the way he looked at her.

Jane held her breath as she pushed the door the rest of the way. There he was, out cold. He had one arm over hanging off the bed, the other over his eyes and a very noticeable case of morning wood. Her cheeks burned as she tiptoed closer. She'd seen this sight a few times on him before, mainly when she'd gone to his house before their parents got married. But the boy had grown.

Bad Jane.

Okay, she could do this without being a pervert. She'd just locked up her heart. It was time to be stepsister . . . who still perves. "Ugh. David?"

He didn't move.

She eyed his package and bit her lip as she suddenly imagined him pinning her down and thrusting into her. Jesus, I am so sorry. She really needed a therapist. Someone. Maybe just a boyfriend. No. She couldn't even think about a guy now.

Jane touched a safe place—his shoulder. "David, you're gonna be late."

He shifted, groaning, "Jane, baby."

Her eyes widened. Was he dreaming about her? He never called her baby, but he didn't know another Jane.

She shook her head; he'd said someone else's name. Maybe she'd fantasized so much about them that she was now swapping 'Diane' for 'Jane'. What a sad life I live.

Jane leaned down, jostling his shoulder as she spoke a bit louder, "David, wake up."

His movement was so fast, she barely realized what had happened until she felt his hand squeezing her ass before he pulled down on top of him. "Fuck, Jane."

She was breathing fast as she tried to get a good look at him. His eyes were closed, and he was rolling them, so he was halfway on top of her, one muscular thigh between her trembling pair. Oh, lord, she was in her shortest shorts that she liked to wear around him, and he was sliding his hand along her thigh—up and down until he gripped her ass cheek and pressed his erection into her. And he definitely said Jane!