56. ANGEL'S FLAME

Start from the beginning

"We're gonna need you for that. It's angel blood, and you've got it" he said and she nodded. She then looked up with wide eyes "Will this involve a needle?" she asked and looked at Izzy who smiled at her. 

Later

SHE GULPED UNCOMFORTABLY "As, um, someone who uses pointy weapons, I know it's a bit hypocritical to ask, but, um how big..." Grace stopped and turned to look at the needle and her eyes widened along with Simon's "That's big" they both said, "Just don't think about the needle. Imagine you're Superman. And Clary is Lois Lane. And you're gonna reverse the Earth's rotation to turn back time and save her"Izzy told Grace and she pulled a funny face "You watched Superman?! When did this world-shattering event happen?" Simon asked looking at Izzy in awe.

"Well, you always go on about how great these superhero movies are. So, I wanted to see what the fuss was about" she said and Grace smiled at the two "And? What'd you think?" Simon asked her  "Just because Clark Kent had glasses, she couldn't tell he was the same guy? If I was Lois, I would have totally known" Izzy said chuckling and Simon smiled 'See, that's the fun in it, though. The hot girl doesn't see the geeky guy with glasses until the hot girl realizes that the geeky guy is totally awesome if she just saw him for who he really is" Simon said excited and Izzy looked at him with a soft look 'they really like each other' Grace thought. 

"I guess Lois just needed some time to see what was right in front of her" Izzy said and pulled the needle away from Grace "What?! Are we done?" she asked her and she smiled "We are," she said and Grace looked at Simon "Can I speak with you for a second?" she asked him and he frowned but nodded. She stood up and led him a few feet away from Izzy "Go for it" she told him with a knowing smile "Sorry what?" he asked her and she chuckled "Simon, even a blind man can see that you two like each other. Go for it, Simon. You won't regret it" she told him and kissed his cheek smiling.

Later

"SIMON, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU," Maia told Simon entering the room with Jordan "I know you said no interruptions, but they insisted it was urgent," a shadowhunter told them and the others nodded as she left "The serum that made Raphael a mundane, he said there was some left and is it in there?" Maia said and reached forward "Don't touch that!" Simon quickly said stopping her.

"The serum is not there," Grace told them "I'm making a special sword to save Clary from Jonathan," Izzy told the two and Maia frowned, "I thought you already captured Jonathan," she said confused "He's got, Clary. It's a bit of a long story, but bottom line, if we don't get to her soon, it... Look, I'll talk to you about the serum later. I promise" Simon told the girl "Wait, so there is some left?" Jordan asked and Grace nodded "Yes," she said.

"After the extraction for the sword for Clary, there's only one vial," she told the two "Just one?!" Maia spoke and the others nodded "Unfortunately. And as you can imagine, deciding who gets it is a political minefield" Izzy told them and Maia glared at Izzy "Are you saying no one's going to be able to get it?" she asked the shadowhunter.

"She's saying it's complicated," Grace told them "I don't understand. Why did you have to destroy all of it? Was that really the only option? You've robbed every Downworlder of a second chance at a mundane life!" Maia said yelling at the vampire "Look, We didn't have a choice! Okay? Believe me, I get wanting to go back. I almost killed my sister and I had to make my mom believe that I was dead! We all had lives that have been destroyed" he said upset and then sighed "I'm just trying to save Clary's" he said and Maia nodded before leaving the room upset.

Later

IZZY TOOK THE SWORD OUT AND PLACED IT DOWN. It was covered with a stone that she'd have to break "Did it work?" Grace asked her and she shrugged "We're about to find out. Stand back. If this works the way Cleophas described the hammer will activate the Heavenly Fire. And I'd prefer not to fry any Downworlders," she said and Luke and Simon hid behind the wall as she started to hammer the sword.