56. ANGEL'S FLAME

Now Playing: Halsey, Control

"I hate him. I can't believe he destroyed another relationship of mine. I hate him!" Chris hissed, eyes narrowed and tears dried on his cheeks. Grace sighed, Andy and she sitting beside him "Don't say that, dude" Andy muttered and Chris laughed bitterly in response. She sighed "No, let him hate dad. He has every right to do so" she responded, earning surprised looks from both Chris and Andy.

"Grace you can't be serious?" Andy muttered, "Very much so, Andy. If dad can't come to terms with who my brother and his son is then it's his problem" she replied. Chris quickly walked up to her and crushed her in a hug "Thank you" he whispered. She sighed and smiled "Anytime"

Control Room

"JACE" Alec called at his parabatai "Alec, Grace, where were you?!" Jace asked, Simon, Chris, and Izzy by his side "We got the alert. You Okay?" Grace asked the blond and he nodded  "I will be when we get Clary back" he said and they nodded. She looked at Chris "Are you okay?" she asked him and he nodded "I'm fine. Number one priority is Clary," he said "The Clave has reinstated the kill order on her and Jonathan," Alec said and Simon's eyes widened.

"What?! You can't let them do that. You have to fight it. You're the head of an Institute" he said "No, no, no. This is a Clave order. We just have to get to Clary before they do" Jace told the boy "What's the latest on the Heavenly Fire serum?" Grace asked Izzy "I'm still extracting particles of Glorious. Once I'm done, I should be able to create a more concentrated serum that's much more powerful than the one we tried before" she spoke hopefully.

"And if you inject Jonathan with that?" Chris asked the girl and she turned to him "That should separate Clary from Jonathan for good" she nodded "Okay. That's great and everything, but first we have to find them" Simon said and we nodded in agreement "Jonathan and Clary will have activated their Anti-Tracking runes. Finding them won't be easy" Alec said and Grace frowned at the look on Jace's face "It will if they come to me," Jace said.

Chris' Room, Later

"HEY" Grace called entering Chris' room, who was putting on a jacket "Hey," he said and put on a fake smile making her sigh "Look, Chris, I can feel that there's something's wrong. What happened with Magnus?" she asked him and he sighed "Magnus and I broke up," he said "What? Why?" she asked eyes wide. Her phone vibrated with a text from Izzy saying she needed her "Go" he told her and she shook her head "Chris, there's something you're not telling me. What's going on?" she asked him and he shook his head.

"Sometimes, life just doesn't go the way you want it to," Chris said his eyes filling with tears "Chris-" "Please, just go" he cut her off and smiled sadly "Okay" she spoke and kissed his cheek. She then sighed and left the room.

Weapon Room

GRACE QUESTIONED EVERYTHING AT THIS POINT "Lilith said that stabbing Jonathan with Glorious would sever the ties between him and Clary. To re-forge Glorious, she said you need to mix the alloys that you extracted with molten Adamas and an angelic binding agent" Luke told Grace and she frowned turning to Simon and Izzy who just looked at her "What's the angelic binding agent?" Grace asked confused.