chapter 4 - she's acting strange

Evelyn's pov
We were walking to the streets I saw a stand selling bbq.

"Oh! Look! Max look!" I said excitedly while pointing at the stand selling bbq

"What is it?" he asked me worried.

"I want a bbq," I said continuing pointing at the stand selling bbq, max then saw where I was pointing.

"Then let's go!" he said dragging me there I was so happy cause when we were together 2 years ago it's our favorite food to get when we are hanging out.

"So how many would you like?" he asked me.

"5!" I said excitedly.

"Okay then..." he said as he order our food, I was looking at the bbq being cook and he noticed it.

"Did you miss eating bbq?" he asked me cause he notices how I act towards at the bbq.

"Yeah..." i said smiling while continuing looking at the bbq being cook.

"Why? Did you not eat bbq when I was gone?" he asked me again.

"Yeah," I said as I look at him smiling.

"Why?" he asked again.

"Cause there is a reason, I can't eat...only if you know what I mean, I need to fix this relationship, sorry max...for lying to you at this time," I said in my mind.

"Cause I don't wanna eat bbq without you~," I said smiling giving excuses, only if he knows I'm lying.

"That's kinda sweet," he said.

"Ma'am...sir, here are your 10 BBQs," the man said giving us our bbq.

"Here is your 5 bbq," he said giving me the bbq that is in a paper cup, I was so excited to eat this again.

"So should we go to the park where we always go?" he asks.

"Yes! Let's go!" I said and we head to the park while eating our bbq.

(At the park)
When we got there we decide to walk to the side of the lake cause it's so pretty there and peaceful.

"So how have you been?" he asked me while both of us is walking to the side of the lake

"Um...i guess good," I said while I continue to walk.

"How about you?" I asked him back.

"I'm also fine..." he said then I sat down to the grass in front of the lake in front of us.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Sitting..." I said looking up at him.

"But there is a chair there," he said pointing on the other side.

"But I like it here cause it's beside the lake..." I said while I continue to look at the lake.

"What! But what are you gonna do here? Just gonna sit here?" he asked again.

"Not only that... I'm gonna watch the sky and water," I said looking at the sky then he also sat beside me.

"Count me in!" he said smiling that made me smile.

"Do you still remember?" I ask him while continuing to look at the sky.

"Remember what?" he asked looking at me I can see him to the corner of my eyes, but I didn't look at him I just continue to look up.

"You don't remember?" I asked him.

"No...can you tell me?" he asked me to tell him.

"The time we went to the beach and we sat on the sand and we look at the stars while the ocean flows, we also heard the ocean waves and the cold wind blowing to our face," I said remembering that time, I wanna remember every happy moment before I left this world, at that moment I wanna cry but I can't cause max is beside me.

"oh...that! Of course, I remember..but we have a lot of memories back then so there is a lot" he said smiling while he looks at the sky.

"Yeah..." I said then I can feel I'm gonna throw up again.

"um...max I have to go to the bathroom," I said as I stand up and ran somewhere.

"oh okay... I will wait here" he said and I ran to the park's bathroom but I just ran to the direction of the bathroom then I saw a trashcan, I then throw up there but this time it's worst, I'm trowing up more blood than ever, when I was finished I turn around and saw the angel.

"You have to leave!" she said to me, I can see she is nervous.

"Why?" I asked her.

"It's getting dark....if you didn't get to the hospital before the night falls your soul will be counted as a missing soul and you will not be able to fix your relationship with max," she said worriedly

"oh yeah, I forgot! It's one of the rules!" I said and I look up to the sky and it's getting dark, the next thing I remember is running to max, then I saw him in the same spot.

"Max!" I said screaming his name running towards him, he then looks at me.

"oh! Evelyn your back," he said as he stands up.

"I have to go! Bye!" I said as I ran away.

Max's pov
She didn't let me talk.

"EVELYN!" I said screaming her name, but she continues to run fast I didn't know she can ran that fast and why is there like white smoke coming out at her, is this normal?.

"Why is she acting strange lately? She is not like this while we were dating...only if you know the real story Evelyn" I said and walk back home.