"Hey, it's cool. She's alright, no harm done." His friend reassured him.

"That's the thing. She shouldn't be alright."

"You'll be surprised..." Tom stopped himself mid-sentence, pressing his lips together as he cursed himself mentally.

"Surprised 'bout what?" Harrison furrowed his brows, leaning forward to prop his elbows on the table, looking to the side to face Tom who was avoiding his gaze. He turned to y/n now sitting on the grass with Tessa.

"She's... Tough. An absolute trooper." Tom diverted, just in time service started coming their way, cool drinks and warm meals were put in front of them. "Oi!" He shouted, motioning to y/n to the food on the table.

"In a minute." She glanced at Harrison, the lit cigarette still on his fingers. He took one last drag before putting it out on the ashtray, he nodded at her and turned his attention to the table. "C'mon, Tess." She bit the inside of her cheek watching his figure more relaxed now, she got up and joined the men.

Fifteen minutes into their meal Harrison's phone started to go off, he put his cutlery down and fished the device in his trousers' pocket. The moment he scanned the screen he immediately got up and walked away from the table to answer, his back facing y/n and Tom. "I must say, y/n. You and Harrison having a meal without going at each other's throats is a good sign." Tom taunted, causing the girl to tear her eyes from the blonde.

"Piss off." She threw a piece of garlic bread at him, the brunette blocked it and it flew in the direction where Harrison was standing not really reaching him at all, Tessa quick on her paw to get it.

"You've got to admit it, mate. He's not as bad as you thought he was." Tom's voice was low, his eyebrows raised, expectant for confirmation. But she rolled her eyes and remained quiet, she was trying really hard to not look at the man on the phone, but she heard a faint chuckle coming from his direction and couldn't resist to look. Tess was standing in her two back legs, with her front paws on the man's stomach, Harrison's hand ran over her fur and his fingers scratched the back of the puppy's ear, her tail wagging and her mouth open.

"Never would've thought he was a dog person. Or a people person in fact." The girl raised one eyebrow at the scene. Tom twisted his body a bit to see, chuckling and shook his head.

"Oh, he's the biggest dog person I know."

"Is he now?" Y/n said amused, but it came out sounding sarcastic.

"Yeah. In fact, I got Tess because I was so jealous of his dog. Like, he'd had him since Haz was thirteen or something, and I kept begging my mum for one but I was in training, sort of. So when we moved to my house Haz helped me get her." Tom explained, shoving more food in his mouth.

"And where's his dog?" She figured he'll have the puppy with him if he was such a dog person.

"With his mum and sister." Tom mumbled through a mouthful.

"Ugh, you're grim." She threw her napkin at him, hitting him right in the face this time.

He finished chewing his food, throwing the napkin back at her, "You bitch!" He chuckled, causing her to let out a giggle when she caught the piece of cloth in mid-air. Harrison was back at the table and he seemed ten times better than when he first settled down with them. His face less hard and his shoulders more slumped down, more relaxed.

By the middle of the week, the stress came back to Harrison, in lighter loads still there was this uncomfortable tug in the middle of his shoulder blades. That day off had carried him through Monday and most of Tuesday, but it helped that everyone was doing their job and y/n was also doing her bit, he could see the difference between the effort she put in when it came to Tom yet she was vague when it came to him, he didn't blame her, though.