Chapter 4 Cooking for the first Time

1 week later

Tanya's POV

Tanya was relieved she could not die from stress

Tanya was relieved she could not die from stress.. Motherhood is a lot harder than she initially imagined. While she out hunting with the others she heard Harper's cries. She rushed back to the house and then picked her up from her crib, and held her.
"There there" She says, while she rocks her, but she just kept on crying. She tries to rock her again while humming a lullaby to her. How can a 1 year old be so small and yet be so loud? Harper kept on crying until she found out why. Her stomach was making a rumbling sound. The little one was hungry. Tanya takes her to the kitchen and puts her on the seat table, then carries on to make her pancakes.

"It's all right Harper, don't worry." She only cried louder. Tanya kisses her on the forehead to calm her. The pots and pans are all over the place. It's getting hard to tell what's up or down in this kitchen. She wasn't used to cooking. As a vampire she didn't have any real use for a kitchen. Until now.

She learned how to cook from cookbooks and from videos on the internet

She learned how to cook from cookbooks and from videos on the internet. It was frustrating to her how people make it look so easy on video but turns out to be really difficult when you try it yourself.

"Here you go precious"

Success! Harper's pancakes were finally ready. What a relief! Tanya serves them to her and she laughs while raising her hands up excitingly, then digs right in.

Breathing a sigh of relief  she leans back on the kitchen counter feeling proud of herself

Breathing a sigh of relief  she leans back on the kitchen counter feeling proud of herself. She clearly had everything under control. Until she notices how big of a mess the kitchen was.

"Oh dear lord."

Now how could this have happened after making only one meal? She asks herself. Harper laughs hysterically, and no doubt at the mess Tanya made.

"Now, don't you laugh at me

"Now, don't you laugh at me. This was for you after all."

She keeps on laughing. She smiles at her and gives her a kiss on the forehead. Suddenly she heard sounds of footsteps at the front of the house. 

"Tanya, we're back!" Kate shouts.

"What in the world happened here?" Eleazar asks, clearly astonished.

"I was cooking for little Harper here, she was hungry."

Softly she pinches her on her rosy red cheek, she smacks my hand out of the way to let me know she just wants to keep on eating. She was being sassy with me, it was adorable.

"So, how was the hunt?"

"Not as interesting as your day in the kitchen" Garrett says, staring at the kitchen like a storm went through it.

"Same old same old. The prey tries to escape, but we always get em." Kate adds. She always enjoyed chasing her prey.

"So does anyone want to help me clean up?" Tanya asks, not really expecting to be any volunteers. Kate and Garrett go to their rooms.

"Maybe some other time." Kate says dragging Garrett up the stairs. Not that he was complaining. Tanya sucked in her teeth."We'll help" Carmen and Eleazar start with the pots in the sink, while Tanya dusted off the counter.

"Thank you."

"It's our pleasure. Besides, we'll all be pitching in for the little one. Isn't that right Harper?" Harper cooed in response.