Chapter 10 - Is there a docter in the house?

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Nikki was observing the whole situation through a window in the counselor's cabin. Previously, she wanted to help Max escape David's beady eyes, but now, she just felt pity for him being babied by Max. On the other hand, this could be good blackmail. So, Nikki decided to intersect, and basically walk in the counselor cabin as Max was in the middle of shoving a thermometer into David's mouth.

"What... are you doing?" She asked as she practically barged in the cabin, walking towards the bed David laid on, "What happened to you?" The magenta eyed female pointed at David, a smirk growing on her lips.

"Nikki, what're you doing here? More specifically, why aren't you with Gwen?" David questioned, sitting up, a thermometer still in his mouth, "David, I thought you were smart, you know that Gwen's activities drain life out of my poor-fucking-body," She then dramatically put a hand on her forehead, swinging back and forth like she was going to fall, like what Nurf did in his gay Shakespeare plays.

"Hey Nikki," A voice yelled across the room, it was Max's, he was near the desk, rummaging in the drawers. Nikki simply hummed and walked towards where Max was, "What?" He looked at Nikki with a serious look on his face, "David is sick, and we have to take care of him," Max grabbed ahold of Nikki's hand—his other hand clutching a first aid kit—and basically dragged her towards David's bed. He climbed onto the bed, dropped the fist aid kit near the co counselor's legs, and rummaged through the box filled with certain healthcare items.

"Nikki, come up here, you'll be the nurse that'll be helping me. And I'll be the doctor, okay?" Nikki rolled her eyes, but came to a realization that she could basically torture David while taking advantage of the fact that Max had no idea on what he was doing. So, she played along with Max.

"Yeah...? Yeah! I'll be your trusty nurse, Nikki. You need any help with the patient, Doctor Max?" She smiled mischievously, which made Max light up like a Christmas tree, "As a matter of fact I do! I need your help to gather the cold water needed to put on David's forehead." He ordered before Nikki saluted and ran outside to grab a bowl of water. More specifically, a bowl of river water.

"Meanwhile, I will be keeping track of your temperature," Max glanced at the thermometer inside David's mouth, and yanked the thermometer out, "Huh, 38 degrees, you're pretty ok. But I'm still gonna nurse you back to health!" He exclaimed before popping the thermometer back in David'a mouth unexpectedly without warning, causing him to gag a little, and eventually spit out the thermometer.

"Now, where's my trusty nurse?" He thought aloud before the door burst open, revealing Nikki on the other side, holding a bowl of—what looks like—cold water, "I'm here!" She yelled, carefully walking towards the young raven haired boy without spilling the bowl of water.

"Great, now soak a towel and-" "I know what to do, I've been sick before. So shut the fuck up, and let me do it myself. You do what you need to do." She snapped, pulling out a small towel out of nowhere, soaking it in the bowl. David widened his eyes in surprise, that was pretty harsh.

"Anyways, since you're the nurse that knows a lot. Do you know the medicine I'll have to feed David to make him feel better?" He asked, hopping off the bed. Nikki, looked over at Max, this was her chance, "Of course I do, why?" She asked, smiling a tad bit, "Well, I'm not so sure what type of medicine makes David feel better..." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

Nikki was now smiling, "That's okay. Where's the large variety of medicines that made you confused?" She questioned, "In here." Max walked over to Nikki, held her wrist, and pulled her to the desk's drawer, "There's six bottles labeled antidepressants, rubbing alcohol, anxiety pills, Zo-pi-clone, and this one..." He took out the last bottle and handed it to Nikki, "What's this one? The label's unreadable."
Max then rubbed the label which had wet ink and some sticky substance, which left a stain on his hand, "Oh my, I don't think this is okay..." He murmured, putting the bottle down, "I think the medicine is this one named... Zo-pi-clone?" He said, unable to pronounce the name correctly as he picked the bottle up. Nikki is losing her chance.