Types of Bullying

Here we are, writing about bullying - So, it makes sense to explain what bullying really is and the different types of it.

Definition of bullying: use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.

(It's also repeatedly hurting someone physically, emotionally or both.)

Now, here are the different types of bullying and what they mean, for you all. Hopefully you'll understand bullying more and what it means.

Physical Bullying - Physical bullying includes hitting, kicking, tripping, pinching and pushing or damaging property.

Verbal Bullying - Includes name calling, insults, teasing, intimidation, homophobic or racist remarks, or verbal abuse.

Convert or "Hidden" Bullying - This sort of bullying is often harder to recognise and can be carried out behind the bullied person's back. It is designed to harm someone's social reputation and/or cause humiliation. This includes:

Lying and spreading rumours, negative facial or physical gestures, menacing or contemptuous looks, playing nasty jokes to embarrass and humiliate them, mimicking unkindly, encouraging others to socially exclude someone, damaging someone's social reputation or social acceptance.

Cyberbullying - This is bullying others through the use of social media. Examples of this include:

Abusive or hurtful texts, emails, posts, images or videos, deliberately excluding others online, nasty gossip or rumours, imitating others online or using their log-in.

~ They are the main types of bullying which I know, however if I come across anymore I'll add them soon.

Now you should know that bullying isn't just in real life, and it isn't just about constantly being rude. There are many types of bullying and many ways to be a bully - so next time, when you think you're just joking around, think. You could be bullying without knowing it.

Thank You for reading, and please remember to be cautious about what you say and do.

~Jadey❤ (jadey800)