"Good morning Faith, you look beautiful." He hummed, seemingly unable to take his eyes off her.

"T-thank you. So do you." Faith replied, her cheeks heating up. "Well, not b-beautiful, I – I meant you look very handsome. Are very handsome." She stuttered, causing William to burst out in laughter.

"Take my arm?" William asked, holding out the limb in question.

A surge of butterflies flittered through Faith, as she slipped her arm into William's. She didn't say anything, but couldn't help but feel like they looked like a happy couple, with their shy, beaming, red faces. When they reached the elevator, William surprised Faith by pressing the button to go up to the first level. This was a direction she had never been in before. Once the doors opened, they entered into a royal blue corridor with beech wood floors. They went to the left, where there were two heavy oak doors cutting off the space, and an unfurnished corridor dwindled to the right.

William typed in a password and then scanned his hand, which released the doors from their locks. An assault of sounds filled the air as this happened, and Faith drank in the colours, aromas and the atmosphere like an elixir. The footpaths were crowded with stalls selling sacks of nuts and dried fruit, or meat lying in puddles of blood. Powdered spices lay in rust red and dusty yellow piles, or spilled bright green from sacks as large as feedbags. Rich and unfamiliar scents cut through the smell of blood, so heavy she could taste them in her mouth, like the air inside a fabrication green house.

The ground was gritty stone and the air held a pre-winter chill, but from the bustling people hurrying around to collect their items, and thick air perfumed with scents ranging from animals to fire, Faith was warm. She was also astounded! The market place was set up in a large cavern, and there had to be at least a hundred people in their midst. There was little in the form of food, but there were caged chickens, tethered pigs, lambs in pens and cows causing a cacophony of sound – and smell too. Further into the room there were stalls full of handmade jewellery, clothes, sunglasses, and a busker in the corner with a gravelly yet melodic voice. It was just like any other market Faith had been too. They were like normal people, not dark creatures slithering through the night to prey on the weak. Little children skipped along and gasped at the animals, and Faith felt a twinge of sadness as she realised that if the situation between the hunters and vampires got any worse, they may all have to go into hiding never to see the face of day again.

They were still people, even if they did have more cannibalistic intentions.

A man carrying a fresh young lamb bumped into Faith, before apologising profusely. They seemed to be a friendly bunch, although Faith found many people were looking at her curiously. She felt that it might have had something to do with the fact she was being escorted by their Prince and future King though.

"Prince William? I didn't expect to see you." Faith turned to see Florence's crush, Keegan with his hands deep into his cranberry suit pockets. He always seemed to be wearing a suit.

"Ah, Sir Hartley. How're you feeling?" William asked, giving him a side hug.

It was at times like these where Faith could almost convince herself that he was any other normal human guy. One she could have a future with.

"I'm good thank you William. And it's nice to see you too Faith." Keegan – or Sir Hartley said politely.

"Thank you Keegan. It's good to see you too." Faith smiled lightly at him, and William pulled her in closer to his chest.

Keegan seemed to be very kind and polite, although he did not seem to fit in anywhere. At his height, he stood miles above the average person, attracting looks, but he also had a faraway, distant look in his eye painting a picture of sadness. Faith wondered what was causing him so much pain.

Whilst William and Keegan had a catch up, Faith allowed her eyes to wander around the stalls, before she caught eyes with a certain vendor, a crazy looking woman with green hair, a purple turban and a cats smile. Mischief glimmered in her eyes as she assessed Faith, her smile widening like a cat who got the cream. It was daunting to say the least. The woman was selling a selection of antique jewellery, and one ring in particular on her stand caught Faith's eye. It had a silver band, with different shaped stones the colours of fresh spring forget-me-nots forming to make a diamond shape. The gems glimmered as if they were galaxies, enchanting Faith from one look.

When William saw where Faith's attention had been diverted to, he said goodbye to Keegan and directed Faith to the stall, asking the lady for the ring. Faith gasped and tried to reject his kindness, but he wouldn't take no as an answer and slipped it on her finger with little resistance. It certainly was beautiful, and William promised to pay the lady later on. Faith tried to take the ring off, but William wouldn't take it back, saying it was an apology to her for all she has been through, and a promise that he will always remember her and protect her, even if she does not know who he is. Faith's cheeks heated up yet again, as she twirled the ring around her finger, which fit perfectly. She did not want to argue about something that held so much importance in her heart.

She couldn't deny that William was slowly yet steadily crawling into her affections.

Hi everyone! I hope you like this chapter! Who is your favourite character?

Please vote and comment!

xoxo

Edited