Title In Description

"You fainted... straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention you didn't have to go to such extremes."

SET IN 2B

It was just another normal day at Rosewood High School for Spencer, and while normally she loved school it has been difficult for her ever since Toby came back to town with Jenna, it had been a little over eight weeks since A had given the girls wind up dolls that gave them each tasks for them to complete and in exchange A wouldn't hurt their therapist Dr. Sullivan, and of course Spencer's task made her let go of the one thing in her life that made her happy, that made her feel safe with everything going on, she had to break up with Toby but she rather that he's safe and not with her than him being threatened by A if she stayed with him, anyway she was hoping she didn't run into him as she headed to her locker and Aria and Emily were standing there waiting for her.

“Hey Spence.” Emily said as Spencer opened up her locker. “Hey.” Spencer said as she grabbed a book out of her locked and placed it in her backpack. “How're you holding up?” Aria asked and Spencer shrugged. “I'm fine.” She said simply but Aria and Emily weren't exactly buying it. “Why don't you just tell Toby what's going on with you? You need someone to be there for you.” Emily said but Spencer shook her head. “Em we all know that Toby is better off without me.” Spencer said. “Okay maybe in this situation you just need to forget about A and go talk to Toby.” Aria said. “I can't, and he doesn't need to worry about me.” Spencer said before shutting her locker door. “You had your appointment today right?” Emily asked her. “Yes Em, now is not the time or place to talk about this, I am going to be fine, now I need to get to class.” Spencer said before walking away from them and she started walking to her next class when she heard a voice, of course.

“Spence!” Toby called after her and she tried to just pretend that she hadn't heard him but of course he knew better because he knows her so darn well. “Spence wait a second!” Toby called as he ran up to her and she sighed under her breath because she hates having to look at him knowing that they can no longer be together, all because of A's stupid game.

“What is it Toby? I don't want to be late for class.” Her response wasn't dark and cold like she was trying to pretend to be, instead just plain and normal. “Now you know I wouldn't want you to be late on my account but I was hoping that if you had a minute that maybe we could talk.” Toby said with hope in his eyes and oh how much she just wanted to tell him everything and throw her arms around him but she couldn't because she needed him to be safe, even if it meant that he couldn't be with her. “Well I don't, now if you'll excuse me I need to get to class.” Spencer said as she attempted to walk away from him but Toby grabbed her arm gently and she had to ignore the overwhelming feeling of love in her heart when he touched her and she tried to give him an annoyed look but it didn't really work in her favor. “Toby please let me go.” She said but he shook his head. “Not until I get some answers. Like for instance why you broke up with me out of nowhere and now you try to avoid me every time you see me, are you mad at me or something?” Toby asked and she hated seeing him like this, he looked completely broken and she hated that she was the reason but she had to do it to protect him from A, even though he could never know that, it wasn't safe. “No Toby I'm not mad at you but I really need to go I need to get to my next class.” Spencer said but Toby wasn't budging. “Are you okay? You don't seem a hundred percent like yourself.” Toby said with genuine concern in his voice and normally she loved that about him but right now it was making things a thousand times harder for her to try and keep this act up. “I promise you I am fine.” She said. “That didn't sound convincing Spence.” Toby said as he held her hand gently and as much as she had missed the feeling she needed to get away from this situation and she needed to get to class so she quickly pulled her hand away from his much to Toby's dismay. “I said I'm fine. Now I have to go.” Spencer said but as she walked away she was hit with a wave of dizziness which she was starting to get used to but this time it was a lot more powerful and she stumbled a little and Toby instantly caught her in his arms protectively. “Spence are you sure you're alright?!” He said worriedly and she nodded.