rap goddess

THURSDAY, April 4th

_________________________

fournier.cole Me and Lil' Elz on our way to hockey game #instagram
Tagged: ellewilson mapleleafs

marner_93 You really gotta teach me your ig game bro
naia97grant "#instagram"
fournier.cole @marner_93 Appreciate your support man, we upcoming influencers need more of this tbh
williamnylander who's this Lil Elz and when is she releasing her debut rap album??
ellewilson @williamnylander yeah i wonder too
auston_matthews Well we can't loose now, this pic's too great for that
mapleleafs @auston_matthews Agree!
fournier.cole @mapleleafs omg
williamnylander wait so he's starstruck for the team's ig account and not us?

_________________________

10:59 PM
"So what about a burger, then? Too meaty or what?"

Auston nudges Naia's shoulder as the seven of us are making our way towards the cars.

The game ended 1-3 to Tampa. I'm sure it was fair, at least the guys aren't that grumpy. I haven't really been paying attention to the game at all thanks to my headache. Turns out rain isn't the best cure for fever after all.

"Actually, a burger sounds quite nice," Naia says, as everyone else breath out.

I love her, but she's probably the pickiest human being I've ever met. Auston and Steph, Mitch's girlfriend, have been suggesting lots of food for Naia, though her answer's mostly just 'I've heard that's bad for your body'.

Finally arriving at our cars, I feel my head getting more and more dizzy for each second.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I hear William ask beside me.

Looking at the others talking and laughing like that loss didn't just happened, I get a little sad that I'm so unenthusiastic.

"It's fine," William says closely to my ear. "I can drive you home if you want to, I think you should rest or else you won't be healthy to our Stanley Cup celebrations."

His words make me laugh quietly, glancing up at his playful blue eyes before giving in. "Okay."

11:49 PM
I watch William tie his shoes in front of me.

We're in my hallway and he's obviously on his way out. He told me to eat something and as I told him that I wasn't hungry at all, he ended up buying takeaway for the both of us anyway.

I managed to eat the half of it, mostly because he made me do it.

"How did you and Cole meet?" William suddenly asks, getting up from the floor and resting against the doorframe in the waiting for my answer.

At first my gaze rest in his eyes, though I decide to look away to concentrate on his question. "Naia knew him from before. I think they dated in high school, believe it or not."

He simply nods, observing my face before sharing his thoughts with me again. "I should thank him."

"Cole?" I ask, tilting my head confusingly. "Why?"

William smiles a little by himself, then looks directly into my blue eyes. "Cause you could've read any number in the world on that note he gave you, but thanks to him, you read mine."

His words leave me speechless, just looking into his sparkling eyes. I don't think he's expecting any response either, you're not really saying those type of things if you're looking for a conversation. To be honest, I don't even know why he said it, but I appreciate that he did.

"Goodnight, healthy dreams."

And with those words, William leaves me to make his way down the stairs. He's soon out of sight, though his previous words are left in my mind.

My smile grows bigger as I quickly take a few steps out. "Goodnight," I say, loud enough for my words to echo through the stairwell and all the way to his ears.