five. ❛ wanna hear the one about dracula and the big bad wolf ❜

FIVE

FIVE

THE Cullen's never ceased to provide Jack with amusement when boredom began to curl at the edges of his mind. Their foolish desire to act like the inferior species always offered a unique hilarity that Jack enjoyed cooing over while watching them strain so tirelessly to rein in their inane desire to rip apart all that they were striving to be.

Watching Jasper Hale give into the temptation was like watching a bear who had been forced into captivity, and made to ride a tricycle for a circus finally eat his supposed trainer. It was the mask the Cullen's had so artfully designed and dutifully donned whenever the human pet was around slipping to the ground and letting her see the beast that they truly were.

It was art and beauty and a ridiculous amount of fun.

Edward Cullen was both unpredictable and highly unoriginal when it came to protecting his plaything he called a mate. He would go to the ends of the earth to protect her, but looked for any excuse to leave her as to not ruin her sweet mortal soul. Jack found it terribly boring, if you have cake, you might as well eat it to. Because Jack knew of the mind readers pathological desire to leave his supposed soulmate, he wasn't surprised when, following the incident, Edward announced that the entire family just had to move.

"Come now Eddie, Jasper didn't even leave a mark on her, or well I suppose another mark if were considering the whole James issue. Though would it be so bad if he did, you are brothers and all and brothers are meant to share everything, though perhaps you want to be the first Cullen to take a bite." Jack leered at the eldest Cullen son, one eyebrow raised in mock question while hands flitted dramatically.

That, seemed to push the already incredibly depraved boy off the edge, because not a moment later he snarled and moved to pin Jack to the wall behind the darker haired boy. It caused what were probably very expensive paintings to fall in the floor rather rudely, Jack thought with a satisfied smile before his eyes drifted to meet the currently very dark golden eyes that stayed a few inches away from Jacks face in a way that was probably meant to scary.

"Don't think I haven't heard your thoughts about that boy, you may be good Jack but your curiosity lingers more than you realize. You are no better then me and it will get him killed." Edward snarled, low and brimming with a darkness begging to get released, to let the predator do as predator should and rip.

While any other time Jack would no doubt have a joyous time bringing the killer to the surface, showing the bronze haired vampire the parts of himself he tried to deny with a few ounces of puppy blood and a little fake humanity, the red eyed vampire did not take kindly to the wrinkles ruining his shirt and the mention of his fascinating boy.

"Now now Edward." Jack replied nonchalantly, barely giving Edward even a second before he was switching the position, hand grasping at the younger vampires throat and body keeping him slammed against the wall. "And here I thought you'd at least have the common sense not to test me."