A Pleasant Surprise

The late summer weather made me feel relaxed. I sat outside of the school after a long week of teaching, my eyes closed.

The duration of the summer was so stressing...but all of it was over and done. Toshinori was finishing his recovery, and we got to look forward to raising up his successor and raising a child of our own.

Having been almost two months since I got pregnant, I was sure that I was going to start showing more in the next month. I needed to start planning...and that's the new stress of the situation.

We'd need to set aside money for the child. I'd need to rework the office at home for our child's room. I'd need to start purchasing maternity clothes, and clothes for the baby.

A few other issues were sitting on my mind. The first being All For One, and how I now needed to go back and talk more with him. I still had more questions, especially new ones. I wanted to help investigate his family and figure out who that woman was. The second was Midoriya. That boy had gotten into a fight with Katsuki Bakugo a few days before. Their quarrel was about my husband's retirement. Katsuki believed himself to be the blame for it all, and the result was him finding out about One For All. Another to keep the secret close.

I heard footsteps beside me, and I opened my eyes to see Toshinori coming down to sit with me.

"How are you doing, dear?" He handed me a cup of tea, which I sipped gingerly due to its temperature.

"Very well..." I cuddled my head on his shoulder, his skinny arm draping over me like a blanket.

Even without his Quirk, he still made me feel so safe.

Toshinori raised a look of doubt, "Are you worried about something?"

Oh, how he saw right through me these days. "Well...I'm just thinking about all we have to do to prepare for the baby. I know I'm only two months along, but...you know."

He gave a sharp and defined nod, "I've been thinking about that, too...Though, whenever I think about it, I get so happy...I can't wait to be a father." He grinned widely with euphoria.

"I've been thinking about something regarding Midoriya..." I sounded, tapping my toes on the stone steps. "It won't add more responsibility onto him now, just down the line."

"What is-? Ah!" His phone vibrated in his pocket against my leg, and he scooted a bit to take it out.

"It's a text from Young Midoriya... 'Come to the 1A Dorms now...we have a surprise for you and your wife.'" He read it slowly, his eyes narrowing in confusion and wonder.

I arched an eyebrow, "Uh...should we go? I don't know what those crazy kids are planning..."

"It can't be bad...I mean, it's not an emergency. He said it was a surprise." Toshinori shrugged his shoulders, standing up at his great height. He held out his hand to help me stand. "How bad can it be?"

"I guess...Yeah, let's go."

I held his hand tight. The sun as getting lower and lower into the horizon. "I wonder what it is...Class A is very unpredictable..." I snickered.

"That, they are." He agreed with a chortle in his voice.

The walk was exceptionally short from the main campus...maybe five minutes.

All of the lights were off in the common area, which was extremely odd. I raised an eyebrow as I pushed open the door.

"Anyone home?" Toshinori called, cupping his hand to the side of his mouth to project his voice.

The lights suddenly flicked on, and there was the entirety of the Class 1A and Class 1B jumping out, "SURPRISE!"

I flinched from the shock, yelping, but Toshinori sputtered on his own blood for a moment. I pat him on the back.

"All Might, are you okay?!" Uraraka cried, concerned.

"I'm fine, Young Uraraka...that just happens sometimes." Toshinori accepted a napkin from Awase of Class 1B.

"What is all this?" I eyed around the various party favors: balloons, confetti, and a table with food and presents on it...like...forty of them, given a fair estimation of the students who were here. In addition, there were also a few cards...

"The hero students wanted to throw you a baby shower... Aizawa and I couldn't stop them, they have such pesky insistence." Vlad King crossed his arms. "Though, I do admit that it's great."

A baby shower? I teared up, genuinely touched by their kind gesture. "Thank you all so much...!" I wiped my cheek on the back of my hand.

Toshinori rested a heavy, yet equally elated hand my shoulder, and I leaned into his side. I wiped my tears on the back of my hand.

"Well, come on, Mrs. Yagi and All Might! This is a party, isn't it!? Come sit, we have a place for you!" Iida cleared a path for us through the students. All forty of them seemed genuinely elated.

They sat us down on one of the rearranged couches, wry little smiles on our faces.

Yaoyorozu, Sato, and Kendo had made a cake for the party, the sweet smell filling the place.

They began passing gifts, and my worries slowly depleted. I was cared for by so many people.

-------

After the party ended, I was left with the racing thoughts of how in all of hell where Toshi and I gonna get all of these gifts for the baby back to the apartment!

"I can help move if the school lets me," Midoriya offered, "Some of this stuff will be easy to bring for me...!"

"Thank you, Young Midoriya...I'll talk to Nezu about it." Toshi pat him on the head. The way he behaved around his successor made me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would be a wonderful father.

"Oh yeah...Midoriya." I stood up, taking the young man by the shoulders. "All Might and I wanted to give you a gift as well..."

"Me? Wh...What is it?"

Toshinori stood up behind me, nodding once to confirm that he agreed with what I wanted to tell him.

"We want you to be the godfather to our child when they're born."

The boy's face crossed with surprise and joy. "R-Really? Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Absolutely! We've discussed it. We're certain you'll be around them when they're born. Nothing too difficult or distracting, of course. We just think....hey, you're important to us both, and we want you to be in our child's life as if you were family!"

The boy's eyes filled with tears, and he hugged me tightly with gratefulness. "Thank you... I'll be the best godfather I can be!"

I embraced him right back, looking up at Toshi with big, happy eyes. I mouthed, "He's such a great kid..."

Toshinori laughed hardily as we pulled back, "Midoriya, my boy, thank you and your class for the party. You really took care of us."

He swiped under his eyes, "O-Oh yeah, you're welcome! We had fun putting it together. Kacchan was mad we planned it today, he's still under house arrest. Though, he won't let us help him clean up..." He chuckled, "It was the girls' idea. They invited Class B after Monama interjected and told them. We're glad you like all the gifts."

I tenderly picked up one of the little onesies that had been gifted to us, "Everything is amazing..Oh, I can't wait to mention this when we go to that talk show in a few weeks, Toshi. Embarrass the class." I winked.