Chapter Thirty Five

"Alright." Aunty Taraji sighed as she spread out the plethora of wedding plans she'd amassed over the past few weeks. It was only just a few days ago that Chris and Kyrie decided to start making arrangements and to there surprise Taraji had already made some of her own.

"First off, good morning." She grinned at the both of them. It was currently a quarter past seven in the morning. She made them get up extremely early so that they could start preparations.

"Good morning Aunty." Kyrie yawned back while Christopher just grumbled. He hated being woken up early period.

"I'm sorry about him." She apologized, "He's always mad at the world in the morning. Give him some time, he'll straighten out."

"It's alright, I understand. I would be mad at the world too if I was up this early but today isn't about you Chris, it's about the both of you so put on your big boy pants and let's hustle through this."

Taraji started to pull out vanilla folder after vanilla folder from her purse.

"Now, I've already taken the liberty and getting some things worked out for you two so they'll be no confusion." She said as she organized everything on the table in front of them.

"Where do we start...." She twisted her lips to the side as her eyes scanned everything.

"Oh!" She picked up a folder, "The venue!" She grinned at the both of them.

"I didn't know what you two had in mind exactly so I took the liberty of looking at venues not only in New York but Florida, Texas, and I do believe Arkansas but that's a gray area right now."

Kyrie's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "Oh wow, you did a lot."

"Of course girl, you know I can't have my favorite niece hosting a busted wedding."

"I appreciate the effort I truly do but I think Chris and I would like the keep the wedding very close to home."

"That ain't no problem, that ain't no problem at all baby girl. How about the Ritz Carlton? We could rent out one of their halls and do something extravagant."

"Maybe, I kind of wanted an outdoor wedding though."

"Again, that ain't no problem. You know aunt Maggie right? The aunty who not really an aunty? Well her cousins, sister owns this cute little ranch upstate. Very nice, rustic, and rural."

"I don't think we're really looking for rustic." Kyrie said as she turned to Christopher, "What do you think babe?"

He shrugged.

"I told you we should just go to Vegas."

"That's ghetto though, we're better than that."

"Honestly? It doesn't matter to me. I just want to get married."

"And rob Kyrie of her wedding moment? Rob yourself of your wedding moment?" Taraji butted in.

"It's my wedding isn't it? Shouldn't it be the way I want it to?"

"See now you getting to damn mouth happy with those I's Christopher, this ain't just about you, ain't nothing revolving around you. Just because you yellow don't make you the sun."