Chapter Twenty Two

I know you see that adorable ass picture in the MM

Kyrie Laurent

These past few days have been hectic, to say the least. Every part of me was drained completely. I was too exhausted to even get up and walk around and the constant spew of people coming in and out of my room with balloons and flowers were starting to exhaust me more.

I swear I'll throw up the next time someone comes up in here with a cheap ass 'congratulations! It's a boy' balloon one more time.

But if there was a light to all of this it would defiantly be no name one and no name two. I smiled down at them.

They made it all worthwhile

I could already see they inherited most of their facial features from Christopher, at this point I'm just praying they get my skin tone. They've been darkening up a bit so I'm pretty confident they'll be chocolate soon.

"They're so precious and tiny. God, I feel like I'll break them." My mom mumbled. Out of everyone that came to visit, she came the most which was saying something considering the fact that Christopher is in and out of here every hour of the day.

"I know. I feel like I'm always holding them too tight whenever I feed them."

"Have you been thinking about names?"

"Names have been the last thing in my mind right now."

"Well, you need to come up with something. It's been 3 days already, I'm tired of calling my grandbabies thing one and thing two."

I laughed. "I know. The names August and Adrian have been floating around in my head as first names."

"Those are darling names. What about middle names?"

I shrugged. "I'll let Christopher pick those I guess."

"Speaking of Christopher, how've you guys been doing?"

How were me and Christopher doing? I didn't really know at this point, to be honest. He obviously didn't want to be with me anymore now that he was independent, he didn't need me anymore and if he didn't want to be in my life or the kids lives anymore I wasn't going to force him. I was tired of fighting.

"I don't know. I'm not really focused on him right now, my main priority is these two and Royalty." I shrugged.

"Has he been coming to visit at least?"

When has he not come to visit? He's been in and out of here more than anyone else so far. He was always bring some sort of gift to, I guess that was his way of saying sorry.

"Yeah. He's come a few times."

"That's good. Have you guys started making preparations for the wedding? I personally think you two should get married somewhere exotic—"

"Mom, please. I need to get my life sorted out before I even think about getting married. I don't even know if I'm getting married anymore, to begin with."

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. Christopher clearly isn't interested anymore so I'm not gonna fight it. If he doesn't want to fix us then I'm not forcing him to. Once I get discharged I'm planning on moving out anyway, he can keep the house."

"You're just going to leave him alone like that?"

"You're making it sound like I'm abandoning the Christopher he was a few months ago. He's a whole different person now, I don't even know who he is anymore."

Christopher Brown

"Are we gonna go visiting mommy today?" Royalty asked as I laced up her shoes.

I nodded. "We're going right after you come home from school."

"We can see the babies too?"

"Mhm." I got up and grabbed her backpack. "Come on, you're late."

We made our way outside to the car. I had to pick her up halfway through because she was moving too slow. This morning had been terrible. It felt like I wasn't doing anything right and Royalty was working my last nerve.

Everything was harder to do now that Kyrie wasn't here to help. She was always the one cooking, cleaning and watching Royalty and now that she wasn't here I had to do everything she did.

"Why is the sky blue daddy?"

"I don't know Royalty."

"Why can't dogs talk but we can talk?"

"Because dogs are dogs Royalty."

"Oh. Do you know why the grass is green?"

"Because it just is."

"But whyyy?"

I gritted my teeth. "I. Don't. Know."

"Mommy would know, she knows everything. She's really smart. Why don't you know anything?"

I hit my hand against the steering wheel. "Because I'm not your mommy Royalty! I can't do what mommy does and I don't know what mommy knows!" I yelled. "You want to get out and walk to mommy?!"

She shook her head. "N-no."

"Okay then sit there and keep your mouth closed!"

——

Christopher is losing his shit y'all
I feel kind of bad for making him snap at little Royalty like that, she doesn't deserve that injustice 😭.