Chapter Nine

Kyrie Laurent

"It's really coming together babe." I say as I stroll around Christopher's studio. He'd been working on it for months now, so completing finally completing it was a huge milestone for both off us.

"Thank you." He grinned. He was covering from head to toe in paint and panting heavily.

"Let's go home and you can get cleaned up and changed, we need to pick up a few things for the gender reveal tomorrow."

He nodded and went to towards the back room, probably to grab his jacket or something. I was getting tired of being on my feet so I went back to the car. Once I sat down my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, out of breathe.

"Hey, for the snack table would you rather have chocolate covered pretzels or dyed Oreos?" Kamiyah's voice rung through my phone.

"Does it really matter?" I reach over and buckle my seatbelt.

"Yes it matters Kyrie! This is your first gender reveal, everything has to look like it came out of a home improvement magazine."

"Alright, uh, Oreos."

"Really I thought the pretzels would look better because—"

"Then pretzels." I sighed, rolling my eyes a bit.

"Alright great! Pretzels it is, now about the gum balls—"

"You know what Miyah? Just do whatever you see fit, alright? You're the planner, so plan."

"You didn't have to sound so harsh, damn."

"I'm sorry, I've just been on edge lately for some reason."

"It's cool, I get it. I'll be down at yours in like an hour to start setting up though."

"Okay, are you bringing Aliyah?" I questioned hopefully. Being around Miyah's daughter was helping me know what to expect when the twins come.

"Yes, I'm bringing Liyah." He huffed. I could practically feel her eye roll through the phone.

"Christopher's coming, I'll meet you at the house?"

"Mhm, remember don't come until 3!"

"Yeah, Yeah, bye."

I hung up as Christopher got into the car. It was still 12 so we had some time to kill before we had to pick royalty up and head home.

"You know what I've been craving lately?" I look over at Chris

"Hmm?"

"Pickles, like really bad."

"We have to get babies things." He reminded me. We waited until last minutes— as always, to set up the nursery. It was harder than ever now to get things done now because  I was slowly becoming immobilized and Christopher couldn't drive which added another layer of stress on me. Most of my day is spent running around when I should be resting like the doctor recommended.

"You're right." I sighed. "Okay, we'll stop by Baby's R' Us and then we'll get the pretzels."

He shook his head. "Royalty. We have to pick up."

"And you're right again." I mumble, turning into the shopping complex parking lot. I noticed over the past few weeks he's become a more active parent, he remembers things now I didn't even think he'd acknowledged before. I was a little taken aback.

"Aww, Christopher look at how adorable this is... and comfortable to." I pointed out as I took a seat in a rocking chair. "You think this would go with the cribs we already got?"

He nodded. "I like it lots." He gave me a half smile. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. He tends to lie to me now just to make me happy.

"Do you really though?"

"I love you."

"Uh huh, so that's a no on the rocking chair then, come help me up

"Uh huh, so that's a no on the rocking chair then, come help me up."

We walked around for a while more filling our cart with unisex bibs, onesies, and furniture that we probably wouldn't get built until the twins are here.

"Chris." I tugged on his sleeve. We were currently waiting to be checked out and the milkshake I had earlier was coming back for revenge.

"Hmm?"

"I gotta go to the bathroom real fast okay? Here's my card, just wait for me if I don't come back in time."

He nodded and took the card from my hands. I made a B-line for the bathroom. I sighed in relief as a pushed open the door.

"Oh sorry." I apologized to the person who I almost hit and squeezed past them. I didn't have time to sit around and apologize properly and the twins didn't have time either.

"No worries at all." They replied. Their voice sounded all too familiar. I turned and was met with a smirking Emily.

"It's so odd running into you here

"It's so odd running into you here." She grinned.

"Yeah..."

"You're looking... bigger than usual. How've you been?"

"Good... and you?"

"Fantastic, with Lucas being out of that mental facility and all—"

"E-excuse me?"

"Oh you didn't know? My mom got him out. It's crazy what money and power can buy, right?" She said before laughing.

My body began to shake involuntary. I felt as though the walls were slowly closing in on me.

"Well it was nice talking to you, but I have to run. I have a few things to pick of for this party I'm going to tomorrow. See you!" She strolled out of the bathroom.

He's out.

He's really out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm sorry, I know this chapter was long coming. I just haven't been feeling 'inspired' or in the mood to write anything, but thank you for being patient with me!