Chapter Twenty Three

Kyrie is gorgeous and nobody can tell me different.

...

"Damn, when you said you were hungry I didn't think you meant HUNGRY hungry." Kamiyah said as she stuffed the empty subway bag in the trash can.

"I'm sorry, the food they have here is ass and the nurses don't let anyone bring me food."

"What they got you eating?" She questioned.

"Lots of dairy, anything they can find with protein and vegetables I've never even heard of before."

"That doesn't sound so bad."

"Everything I've eaten is unseasoned."

"Yikes.. not even salt?"

"Oh, there's salt but you can barely taste it. They're trying to kill me, I know it."

"You'll be alright. Remember you're doing this for the babies, not you."

"The babies are fine if anything I'm the one that's about to die."

"From lack of seasoning?"

"Yes! All I'm asking for is like a dash of pepper or something. I'll even take a sprinkle of turmeric."

Miya rolled her eyes. "You're overreacting, you'll survive, it's only what? A few more days?"

"Yeah, a few more days of desolation."

"I don't know what the fuck you just said but imma pretend like I know." She gave Kyrie a quick side hug. "I'll see you later. My break is almost over."

"So you're just going to abandon me like this?"

"Kyrie-"

"No, no, it's fine. I'll just be here alone and hungry with my unseasoned food."

"I'm not about to entertain your shenanigans Kyrie. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"You're fake!" Kyrie called after her.

"Bitch, we been knew!" Miyah replied as she left the room. As she closed the door behind her she was met with Christopher who was holding flowers in one hand and some of Kyrie's favorite candy in the other. Your typical 'apology' gifts.

Miyah looked him up and down. "What business do you have here?"

"My fiancé is my business. Move."

"Ohhh, so now she's your fiancé. For a second there I thought you didn't give two shits about her."

"What's your problem?"

"My problem is the fact you all of a sudden know how to speak basic English and you start wildin' out. You got some speech therapy and forgot how to act. You're sitting here all bold as if Kyrie isn't the reason you're in this position to begin with. If it wasn't for her you wouldn't even be wearing the draws you wearing right now. I understand sometimes she can be a handful but she has done nothing but love you, feed you, and always make sure you were set straight and now you forgot all that shit because you're on a 'come up'. Without her, you wouldn't have no house, no car, no family, no art studio, no career, no nothing Chris! Your sorry ass would still be in that hospital gettin' raped and mumbling like a God Damn toddler if she didn't love you the way she does!"