"Nothing Rahim. Just.."

"Just what?"

"Nothing. You go! Get freshen up and offer your Maghrib Salah."

"I already did that." He answered.

"Then go wash your hands. We need to have dinner." I detached myself from him.

"Why are you shooing me away?" He cross-examined, making me fall back to my place. I looked at his face properly for the very first time in the last few hours. He looked so worried and concern was all reflecting from his face. Why? Why is he concerned?

"What happened? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me Mira. It kills me to watch you in tears. Do you want me to do something?" My ears perked up at the last sentence as I nodded vigorously at him.

"What? What do you want me to do?" He voiced eagerly.

"Divorce me." I whispered and looked at him.

There was a silence for a few seconds. By the looks of it, Rahim was flabbergasted trying to absorb the statement I give.

"No." He shook his head fiercely. "I can't and I, never will."

"Why?!" I cried out in frustration.

All this drama was more than enough for me.

"No. I won't because I love you and you love me." My eyes got wide after hearing the last few words.

"What? What did you say?" I marched towards him.

"I DONT LOVE YOU GET THAT PRINTED IN YOUR HEAD!" I walked out of the room.

"Liar." I heard him mutter. Huh!? I am not a liar. I gave him a one last look, wiped all my tears and moved down. I strides towards the dining table area and started helping the maid in setting the table. Everybody came down to have the dinner too. After seeing that everything is at it's place I sat at my seat after setting the table.

The chair beside me pulled and as usual Rahim sat on it.

"Please tell me what happened?" He whispered in my ear.

"Are you both serious about getting the divorce?" Uncle Inam questioned looking at us.

"The question is you both really want to divorce each other?" Abbu added.

"No." "Yes." I and Rahim both answered together but I was the one to say no.

"This is confusing." Nano stated.

"What has changed Rahim? Not that I am complaining." Dadu smiled at him.

"I don't want to divorce her." He simply answered with a shrug.

Even if I wanted to say yes, I couldn't because Aunt Maroosha wanted me to divorce him. But wait, I don't want to say yes to it.

I could feel Rahim's gaze on me but I didn't look up at once.

After having my dinner as swiftly as possible cause I had planned to go up to room and sleep before Rahim comes.

"AllahHafiz. Shabbakhair (Good night) everyone." I announced to everyone, getting up from my place.

"Mira already done? You didn't have anything much." Mom pointed at my plate.

"I am not that much of hungry Mom." I excused myself and rushed towards our..um..no Rahim's room ignoring his gaze on me.

Why?

Why I didn't want to divorce him?

Why was it so difficult to say no?

Ya Allah please help.

I called Nada to clear my doubts.

She picked up the phone as cried my heart out, explaining everything about Aunt Maroosha's talk to the divorce discussion on the dining table.

"Mira, my brave girl, please stop crying. This is what you wanted then why aint you happy?" I heard her confused voice.

"That's the problem Nada."

"I know the reason I guess. It is that you are-" she was going to say when I cut her off by saying, "I'll talk to you later. AllahHafiz." cause I heard the door being opened.

I saw Rahim coming in and walked towards me.

"Why, my love? What's the reason behind your tears? I am getting restless seeing you in tears. Kisine tumse kuch kaha?" He implored me looking so worried. (Did someone tell you something?)

"No. I just want you to divorce me." I replied in a shaky voice.

"I won't because we both love each other then what's the point in divorcing?"

"Who told you that I love you?" I spat harshly, turning towards him.

"Tumhari aankhein." I scoffed at his words. (Your eyes.)

"Just shut your mouth Rahim. Stop talking rubbish." I avoided the eye contact. I am being so rude to him, which is making me feel really pathetic.

"It's not rubbish. In fact, it's the truth. If you don't believe me than I will prove you each and every single time that you love me." He brought me closer to him and looked dead into my eyes. His voice was so determined that it lowered my confidence level.

I detached myself from him and walked into the washroom away from him.

When I was pushing the door to close, Rahim came in between to prevent me locking the door and his fingers got crushed between the door and the wall.

"Rahim?!" I gasped. "What in the world!"

"Itne ziddi kyun ho tum?!" I took his left hand in mine. The sight of his hand made me winced at my place. (Why are you so stubborn?

"Actually it would be more appropriate if you ask this question infront of a mirror because you are being stubborn here."

I ignored his previous remark and searched for the first air box. After finding out it, I took out the ointment ready to apply it on Rahim's hand.

"Shut your mouth now." I warned him. "It's gonna hurt a little okay." I flinched just looking at the site of it.

As I was applying the ointment I could feel him starting at me. Of course, why wouldn't he stare at me, because of me he got hurt. I cringed again as his injury had gotten slightly purplish-blue too.

"Why do I feel as if you are hurt when I am the one who's supposed to be flinching?" He retorted as I was again left speechless.

"If this is not love, then what is it? Even I realised it when you were hurt at Aunt Rizwana's house. I felt as if I was the one who got hurt not you."

"You and me are different Rahim." I tried reasoning him.

"Uhuh...You and me were different but now we are one." He stated in a firm tone.

And as usual I had no words to say.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people!! Isn't Rahim the best? Comment about it and do vote by clicking on the star icon. Until then thank you, bye, AllahHafiz and take care ^_^

Also, do tell me your favourite part of the chapter.

CHAPTER PUBLISHED ON: 08/05/19