Chapter 3

Stiles is completely and utterly freaking out and on the edge of a panic attack and he needs to call Scott like, five minutes ago and see if his best friend can help him calm down (probably not), because he apparently has a child. A son. With Lydia. The girl he had always loved, the girl who open a hole in space and time for him, the girl he was planning on marrying. Until she left him, without a single word and disappeared of the face of the earth, not leaving traces.

Lydia is here, in New York. Apparently raising their kid alone and she better have a hell of good explanation of why she did what she did, because nothing is going to make him stay away from that little boy that he already cares so much.

He's scared because this is a totally different kind of love. He's never felt this way before. It's not like the love he fells for Lydia. This love is overwhelming and makes him fell like flying. It's sweet and it burns his soul at the same time and even though he's only seen that boy for seven minutes of his life, that kid is the best thing that has ever happened to him already. He also thinks that if he doesn't see that boy any time soon, he might literally dye.

He wants desperately to know what his favorite color is. What does he like to eat for breakfast. How small his eyes get when he yawns. The sound of his sneeze. The temperature of his little hand. His favorite cartoon. Does he like sports?. And oh- he fells like his heart is going to jump out of his chest.

But at the same time he's terrified. Because that's another person he might let down, another person that could leave him, another person he may lose. And God, he can't breathe.

"Stiles?!," his girlfriend, Maddie, asks worriedly "Are you Ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" he replies with a tense smile that probably looks more like a wince than anything else.

"So," she starts conversationally "You have a kid that you didn't know about it" she says bluntly, reminding him a little of Malia, when she first became human.

"It seems so" he utters, still freaking out. And yeah, he definitely needs to call Scott.

"And who's the redhead by th-" she starts asking.

"Um, Babe?" He asks, cutting her off carefully as they enter the FBI building "Can you give me a moment.. I have to call Scott real quick"

"Course! I will be upstairs waiting for you. Don't take to long please!" She says already on the way to the elevator.

"Okay, see you a bit" he replies already dialing Scott's number.

"Hello"

His voice is cheerful, because is Scott and he's usually happy and sunny (which sometimes really pisses Stiles off, because how can someone be happy all the freaking time).

"S-Scott, buddy," he stutters out "I need you to listen very carefully, because I have news and by news I mean changing life facts that are making me want to faint or maybe throw up" he thinks he may really throw up though

"Stiles calm down for the love of God, I am on the other side of the country I won't be able to stop a panic attack, so breathe, count to five and tell me what is it" Scott says, and Stiles thinks that he should be a psychiatrist or something related to it instead of a vet, cause his methods really work.

"Okay so... I found Lydia," there's silence on the other side and he's begins to worry, because he sounds like he's not breathing "And she has a son." He completes, lungs burning.

"Ow! I'm so sorry buddy." Scott breathes out apologetic.

"No, you don't understand," Stiles says "WE have son." he says and ohmyfreakinfgod he has a son.

"WHAT?!" Scott asks so loud that he has to remove his phone from his ear with fear of eardrums damage.

Before he has a chance to answer, Scott speaks again.

"What do you mean you have a son?? Like an actual person?" Scott asks

"No Scott an entity," he says sarcastically " Of course is an actual person, what else. And he's so tiny and beautiful Scott. I just can't wait to see him again and we didn't even talk and I'm so mad at her for hiding this for me and AHG-" he says frustratingly.

"Okay, but how do you know he's your son?" Scott asks sounding like he can believe that Stiles found Lydia, that she has a son, that Stiles has a son, that Stiles and Lydia have a son together and honestly Stiles can't believe it either.

"Well, I'm not gonna pull on of a Michael Jackson and said that Billie Jean was not my lover and the kid is not my son, because he looks exactly like me- well aside from his little nose and his eyes, that are the same shade of green as his mothe-"

"Focus Stiles" Scott cuts him of impatient.

"Yeah, okay. He also told me his name. Benjamim Martin-Stilinski" Stiles says hesitantly.

"Okay man, so now you have to get you mind set and think about this, because what she did is a crime, so talk to her and figure it out why she did it. And dude you a dad now so just, be careful okay" Scott says very seriously, which makes him more aware of the situation he's in right now.

But Scott said he's a dad now and that's the thing he's most scared of, because he's not a dad yet. He has a son, but he hasn't had the chance to be truly a father to that little boy. He's afraid he is going to suck at it. Because being a parent is the most difficult thing in the world, and if that boy is anything like he was- damn he has his hands full of trouble.

"Okay dude, she gave me her number so I'll just call her later and talk to her" Stiles says a not even little bit calmer now.

"Okay that's good" Scott says still processing the turn that Stiles' life suddenly took.

"Yeah, so I gotta go now buddy, but I'll talk to you later" Stiles says.

"Okay, bye, talk to you later" Scott replies.

The only thing Stiles want to do after Scott hangs up is to shout out to the world that "I have a son, do you hear that universe. I made something tiny that is gonna be big someday. I made a breath, a blink of an eye, a heartbeat. I made arms and fingers, and legs and toes. I made life." But he can't do that so he just takes a long breath, calls the elevator and prepares himself for what's to come, because this is going to be a long day.