Meeting Frankie

This takes place during the first week of Kevin and Barbara's relationship.

Kevin was outside Wayne Manor, shovelling some snow to make an easier path for anyone visiting. It was good exercise among others, and he was almost done. Suddenly, Kevin saw Barbara in some winter clothing. She had two coffee cups to go from the coffee shop they liked going to. Kevin smiled and said, "Hey Babe." Barbara smiled and said, "Hey yourself. Making a trail?"

"Yeah, I figured it would be easy for Alfred and Dad. Almost done," said Kevin. Soon he made a cohesive trail for anyone to walk in. Babs gave him his cup and said, "I figured you'd like some hot chocolate." Kevin smelled the hot chocolate and said, "the perfect hot drink for a cold day. Thank you." He carefully drank it so as not to burn his tongue. Kevin laughed and said, "now you got me thinking about that Hot Chocolate song from Polar Express." He sipped it while putting the shovel away. "Is that so?" Barbara chuckled, "I talked to my roommate Frankie this morning. She'd be very interested in meeting you Kev." She sipped her drink. "Really? Well I'd love to meet her. Last time I saw her, we were at the mall," said Kevin as he texted his father, letting Bruce know that he was hanging out with his girlfriend and meeting her roommate. They went to Barbara's car, Kevin revelling in the warmth. "Feel better?" Barbara asked as she smiled at Kevin. "Much," said Kevin as he sipped his hot chocolate, "so how long have you known Frankie?"

"Since my days in physiotherapy," explained Barbara, "she was the first friend I made during my paralysis. You see, Frankie suffers from weak muscles, and on a bad day she needs crutches to get around. But I gave her tips to help her get around. She helped me get through my breakup." Kevin smiled and said, "She sounds like a good friend. Guess I saw her on her good days." Barbara chuckled and said, "Yeah, you did. Trust me Kev, you'll like her." She then drove all the way to her apartment. Once she parked, Barbara and Kevin got out of the car and into her apartment. "Only feels like yesterday I met your dad on Christmas," said Kevin. "Yeah, funny how time flies," chuckled Barbara. "Babs, is that you?" a young lady called out. "Yeah it's me Frankie," said Barbara, "I brought a guest." Kevin was drinking his hot chocolate. Less than a minute later, a beautiful black woman with brown hair walked in. "This the guest?" she asked, recognizing Kevin. "Yes it is," confirmed Barbara, "Frankie, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Kevin Beaumont. Kevin this is my roommate and friend, Francine Charles." Frankie smirked and said, "But everyone calls me Frankie." Kevin smiled and said, "Well it's nice to finally meet you Frankie." He shook her hand, but not too badly out of respect for Frankie's condition. "Nice to meet you as well Kev," said Frankie, "Babs said you were a nice guy. Seems she was right. And handsome too." Kevin blushed and said, "Well you're too kind Frankie." Barbara chuckled. The three of them sat on the couch. "So how did you two meet?" Frankie asked. "Well, I came at like the worst time," chuckled Kevin. "He knocked on the door right when Dick was about to dump me," said Barbara. "Oof, that is bad timing. You and Grayson were arguing at Wayne Manor, right?" Frankie asked. "Correct," confirmed Barbara. "What were you doin' at Wayne Manor?" Frankie asked, looking at Kevin. He and Barbara looked at each other, and Kevin asked, "Should I tell her, or you?"

"Maybe you should," said Barbara. Kevin nodded and said, "The reason I was headed to Wayne Manor was because Bruce Wayne is my father." Frankie gave a look of shock, then she said, "I can definitely see a family resemblance. You've got his eyes." Barbara chuckled and said, "Yeah, he does." Kevin smiled and said, "Anyway, it took a few months of bonding, but come Christmas time, we admitted our feelings for each other, kissed under the mistletoe, and here we are." He held Barbara's hand. "Aww, that's sweet," said Frankie, then she whispered to Barbara, "does he know about You-Know Who?" Barbara nodded and whispered, "Yeah, he does. His mom knew who his dad was. He can be trusted." Frankie nodded and asked Kevin, "Since Batman's your dad, you know Babs is Batgirl?"

"Yeah, I do," said Kevin. "When did you find out?" Frankie asked. "His dad asked me to take off my mask a few days later," confirmed Barbara. "Got a codename?" Frankie asked. "Nope," said Kevin, "I'm not into the superhero biz. I might help from time to time, but I'm not like Dad." Frankie smirked and said, "That must be a breath of fresh air for you." Barbara nodded and said, "oh, it is. Oh babe, can you do that Kevin McCallister pose?" Kevin laughed and said, "oh okay." He then did the shocked look/scream Kevin McCallister famously did in the first Home Alone movie. Though, without the scream.

"Oh my gosh, you are so funny!" Frankie laughed. Even Kevin and Barbara were laughing. "But even if Barbara wasn't Batgirl, I'd still love Barbara," said Kevin as he smiled at Barbara. "He makes me feel normal," said Barbara. "And you make me feel normal too," said Kevin. "You two are such a sweet couple," said Frankie as she saw the two peck each other on the lips. For the next few hours, Kevin, Barbara, and Frankie continued to talk, and Kevin liked Frankie as a friend. He was glad he met her. Much later, Barbara drove Kevin home. "Thanks for letting me meet Frankie," said Kevin. "No problem. I'm glad you two get along," said Barbara. "You going on patrol tonight?" Kevin asked. "Probably. Talk to you later," said Barbara. "I love you," said Kevin. Barbara smiled and said, "I love you too."