Chapter 19

Frost was out doing recon, trying to see if Feline was at his loft. We'd tried calling him, texting him, but nothing was working, he wasn't picking up or responding. We weren't exactly keen on being alone, especially being that we hadn't traded powers back yet, but finding Feline was important.

If we didn't get him back here to touch the crystal before tomorrow afternoon, we were severely fucked. Harley was still knocked out on my bed, and I'd been researching to find anything I could about this Change Rock, and surprisingly, there was much more information to find about it than I'd thought.

Most of it was folklore, but I'm guessing since the crystal was successful in trading out powers, this lore proves to be true. I was sitting at my table in front of my laptop, immersed in the information that I was finding, looking over the top, every so often to check and see if Harley was still asleep.

I'd looked over to my pad, writing down notes, trying to see if there was some way around the whole, 'we all have to touch it' thing, just in case we couldn't find Feline. I knew Harley, and I knew how he operated, mostly, but this is Feline, and there's no telling what Harley's insanity would affect him.

Or even what an insane Feline would look like. It was all so complicated, and from all the information I was finding, every single entry about this crystal remained the same. It needed all of us back to do it. I sighed heavy, rolling my eyes to continue searching.

I minimized the webpage and pulled up my personal browser, turning the volume up to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'd connected my server to the police scanners in Gotham, hitching onto their transmission wavelength.

I didn't use it very often, seeing as though Mother Green was always looking out for me. The plants had a way about them and if I listened, they'd warn me or reveal things that their sisters and brothers see.

Now, with Frost's powers, I couldn't reach out or rely on them now, so...I was reduced to using traditional scanners to see what's happening in Gotham. Trying to listen for keywords that sound like something Harley would do, but nothing was on it yet.

I searched around on different channels, but not a sign of Feline anywhere. He was nowhere to be found. I pulled out my phone and sent Frost a quick text.

// Found anything?

I waited a few moments and watched the three dots appear on the screen, Frost replying almost instantly.

\\ No, he's not here, I'll check his other hangout spots? What about you, did you find a way to reverse this if we don't find him?

// No. Just keep looking and I'll keep looking, he's got to be around here somewhere, I'm checking the scanners now, just in case he gets into something.

\\ Alright, keep me posted.

// You too.

I put my phone back on the table and rubbed my eyes, trying to keep myself calm, feeling Frost's powers kicking into gear inside me. I was used to having to manage my emotions with my own powers, but never to this extent. It's like any type of strong feeling, was a trigger and it was getting really irritating.

It felt like wearing someone else's clothes, sure they fit okay, but it still felt like someone else's clothes. Not being able to feel the call of the Green, not being able to feel her power coursing through me, my babies all around me, watching over me. It just...it made me feel like I did all those years ago before I was resurrected by the Green.

I was lost, purposeless, and empty. No real friends, love, connection, nothing to give me that get up and go. Having the Green by my side, serving the Earth, it renewed my spark for life, but now...now I felt lost again, and all I could think about was how much I needed it back, how much I needed the Green to be with me again. I needed her love because without it...without the Green, I had no one.