Chapter 13

This was where it all started, and this is where it all had to end, I thought as I rounded the corner to see the two guards posted in front of that infamous door.

I spent all that night racking my brain, trying to make sense of what I had done to that woman, what I had done to her child. I couldn't understand how I was capable of something so unforgivable. Who was I to take her life away from this world, who was I to decide whether or not her baby was born, who was I to decide whether or not to let her live?

But I did decide those things for her. I took away her choice to live, I took away her choice to learn, and I made it for her. As I gave the men my security code and they opened the door, I knew what had to be done. He's pushed me too far, he's made me feel too much, I can't let this go any further, I have to stop now before it's all too late.

I looked into his eyes and saw the very thing that I feared most, pride. He looked at me as if I just told him he won the lottery. For the first time since I met him, he smiled a smile that was not one of darkness, one of mischievousness, but a pure overjoyed smile. I couldn't help the feeling that spread across my chest at the way he looked at me.

Even though my resolve was strong, all it took was one look from that man, and all that seemed to fade away, but I couldn't let him win again, not this time, not after what I did.

"Doctor, it's so lovely to see you aga—" he starts.

"Save it. I don't care if I passed some stupid test, I don't care if I get a prize, what you made me—what I did, was wrong. I let you get to close, I let myself become too weak, I made a huge mistake coming back here, but I felt I had to tell you in person. I don't care what happens to me now,

I've done something horrible, something unforgivable, and its over. You won, Joker. Just like before, only this time, I know there's no way out. I know what I did, and I'm going to pay for it." I say finally.

"Come now with the dramatics Doctor, that's my thing," he responds coldly.

"It doesn't matter it's over, I'm done." I look him in the eyes, those piercing blue eyes one last time before I turn to leave.

"Doctor..." he says again. I walk towards the cell door and I hear a loud slam on the desk and I jump suddenly. The guards turn to look in the window cut out and I assure them that everything is okay before turning to face him.

He had taken one of his hands out of his straight jacket and slammed it onto the table. He looks at me fiercely, nothing but pure rage in his eyes. I contemplate for a second whether or not to tell the guards I need their help, but his gaze kept me glued to my place.

"Sit. Down. Now." He said each word through his clenched pearly whites, and as much as I was trying to resist his command, I felt compelled to do as he told me and I walked over to my seat and bowed my head. I knew that I could just leave.

I was planning to do just that when I came in here, but anytime I was in his presence, anytime I was around him, his hold over me grew stronger. It was like I was always in a constant battle with my mind and my body, with my body always aching to be near his, no matter how much my mind tried to resist.

"You are my psychiatrist. I have a session. We will have it, whether you like it or not. Are we clear, Dr. Quinzel?" he says his tone deadly serious.

I nod quickly, my head still lowered submissively. His commanding tone excited me to my core, and I cursed myself at my weakness. I always loved to be told what to do, commanded, something about an alpha male always made me hot and I couldn't help but lick my lips at his authority. I looked at him, head still bowed and he continued.