Chapter 27

Okay, this chapter is finally finished. Don't be angry after reading this. I hope you enjoy it.

*******************************************************************
DREW

It was the day I had dreaded since I discovered that I was in love with Em. My parents were coming home early this morning, and my Em would be leaving this afternoon. Right now, I was lying on my left side in my queen bed, staring at the girl that had turned my life upside down. I had been awake for awhile now, unable to go back to sleep. I seriously dreaded her leaving. She'd shared my bed with me since the night I'd broken up with Ellie. It would feel way too empty without her.

"What are you looking at?" Em asked, groggily opening her eyes and smiling.

"What do you think?" I asked, leaning down to kiss her.

She jumped up quickly, her hair a wild mess on her head. "Ew, don't kiss me. You smell minty, but I have morning breath. Yuck."

"It's our last morning," I said. "What if I want to kiss you with morning breath?"

"Then you've been dating the wrong sister. You had it right the first time. Ellie's morning breath probably smells like roses or something," she said.

"No, it's pretty terrible," I said.

Em's head whipped around, and she looked at me accusingly.

"What?" I asked. "I dated her for 6 years. Before she wanted to rape me everyday, we occasionally shared a sleeping space."

"I know, I know. It just makes me a little jealous," she said.

I loved how she was so blunt with her feelings. She cracked me up.

"Good," I said, still not over the fact that she had kissed that dork, Adam.

****************************************************************************************************

Em emerged from the bathroom after brushing her teeth. I could tell she was getting ready to head down to breakfast, but I stepped in her way, wrapping my arms around her neck. I kissed her, tasting the peppermint toothpaste on her lips, then her tongue.

Soon, we were completely caught up in each other, and I was moving her to the bed. She had her legs against the bed, and I was getting a little carried away. I pushed against her, making her fall back on the bed. Soon, I was on top of her.

"We could do this now," she said. "I mean, it feels like you want to, and we probably won't get a chance to for awhile."

Her words brought me into the present. What was I doing? It's true, every cell in my body was screaming to get it over with, but I didn't want it to be rushed. I wanted us to be able to take our time and get things right.

I shook my head back and forth. "Uh-uh. I mean, I want to, that's pretty obvious. We shouldn't," I said as I got up off of her.

"I love you," she said, pulling on my arm.

I could tell that she was giving me permission to continue. I also had a feeling that she wanted to follow through. I was just worried about what might happen afterward. I was emotionally dependent on her now, and I couldn't risk losing her.

"I love you, too," I said, taking her hand, but using it to pull her to a sitting position instead of pulling me down onto her. "Too much to do this in the heat of the moment."

"Okay, you crazy goof," she said. "I'm going to get breakfast if you're not willing to defile me."

***********************************************************************************************