"I thought you wanted pizza." He says blankly.

"Yeah but, Chipotle is my life." I drag out, only to receive a set of chuckles from Carter. Wes doesn't seem amused or fazed by me at all.

"Oh, we doin' fast food now?" Carter asks once he finishes laughing, now sounding disappointed. "I was actually missing your kitchen."

I put a hand to my heart and he smirks. Wes speaks then, breaking our heartfelt moment.

"What's new, bro?" He says and Carter grins at us, his aura sending a whole new wave of happiness.

"Everything's good. I've been working on some new things I wanna show you." He says.

"You got the whole weekend. How's Sarah? She came over last week, right?" Wes asks, receiving a head shake from Carter.

"Yeah, she left earlier though. Man, she's a whole pain in the ass." He says with humor in his voice, and his eyes gleam as he thinks of his girlfriend. "Her dad has been going around the country so she's on the edge constantly. And she has this new thing where she's basically wearing wide and baggy clothes. She says it's a new trend but I can bet you she thinks she looks fat. I told her that she doesn't but she just keeps telling me I'm delusional and that she doesn't even think that. You know what girls are like, they get insecure about things that don't even exist."

"Girls are so damn giddy." Wes agrees with him and I give him a side eye glare, but my eyes quickly find Carter's face. His expression is all smiles and that's why my body goes rigid when I realise something is wrong.

"Can you guys wait for me before we go? I need to go to the toilet." I raise my eyebrows and they both nod. That's when I almost sprint away from them. The airport is massive and finding a bathroom is almost as hard as understanding math, so it takes me a good ten minutes until I spot the sign of a lady in a dress. As soon as I'm inside, where the voices of the crowds are muffled, I sit beside the sink and open my phone, easily finding the person I want to call. It rings a couple times but the chirpy voice is soon heard.

"Hello, there, pretty lady." Sarah's booming voice comes from the speaker. "Haven't heard from you in a while."

"You too. Clearly I'm out of the loop." I say, instantly transferring the conversation where I want it to go.

"What are you talking about?" She wonders, immediate concern heard in her voice.

"Carter still doesn't know?!"

My voice isn't a yell, but it's harsh enough to cause a silence on the other line. I expected it, which is why I patiently wait for my friend to gain her composure.

"I forgot he's going to New York today." She says, surprisingly calm. But the sigh afterwards tells me it's a delicate topic. "I'm still scared, Kat, I told you that. I need him. And if I pour this on him I'm afraid he's gonna ditch."

"And I told you he wouldn't ditch." I say with confidence. "He loves you more than his life and if he does, then he would have to live with that on his back his whole life. How the hell did you manage to hide a two month pregnancy?"

"Baggy clothes, hoodies and flowy dresses. I'm still shocked he didn't notice. Then again, he would probably assume I'm getting fatter. Me carrying a baby is the last thing on his mind."