Chapter Twelve: Thunderbird Two Has Been Hit!

Start from the beginning

"Owen, I'll head back to Thunderbird Shadow, and get ready for takeoff." Blaze climbs out of the Firefly, and begins to sprint back to his stealthy Thunderbird. "Thunderbird Shadow to Firestorm and Firefly. I'm heading off to the island. See you back home." He reported in.

"F.A.B, Blaze." Owen replied, driving the Firefly up into Thunderbird Two's open Pod 3.

With that, the VTOL engines on Thunderbird Shadow fire up, letting the craft ride into the air, where it retracted its landing feet, and the stealth jet takes to the air, leaving a trail of smoke behind.

After two minutes, Braedey flies over to Thunderbird One, the armour opening up to let him step out and it formed back as a whole, then was placed into a storage compartment inside of Thunderbird One. Once done that, Braedey climbed back into the cockpit, and the cockpit closed up around him. "Okay. Thunderbird Two and Thunderbird Shadow from Thunderbird One. Preparing for takeoff." He reported in.

At the same time, Thunderbird Two prepares for takeoff. The ramp door on Pod 3 rises up and locks into place, as the telescopic legs lower down, and the pod locks back with the main body of the green transporter. The VTOL engines fire up at once, and the huge craft beings to hover in the air. Once reaching about 100ft in the air, Thunderbird Two fires up its main engines, and takes to the air.

With Thunderbird One, the VTOL engines fire up, the silver rocket rising up about 60ft into the air, the cross section of the rockets turning from its 'X' formation to the '+', as the landing skids retract. Once done that, Thunderbird One fires it's main engines, and jets away after Thunderbird Two, a job well done.

"Thunderbird One to Thunderbird Two, job well done." Braedey called to Owen. "You and Blaze did wonders."

"Yeah. We weren't so bad at those shots, eh?" Owen laughed, just as both Thunderbirds reach the coast, and start to head across the sea. "Well, I'm certain the others will be wanting to hear about this."

"F

"F.A.B to that, Owen." Braedey joked in.

At that moment, Owen sees something on the radar. "Thunderbird Two to Thunderbird One. I've just picked up something on my radar." He reports in.

"Well, what's so special about that?" Braedey asked back on the radio.

"Its speed, Braedey! It's phenomenal!" Owen replies back.

"Hey, it could be the Barracuda. The Atlas Navy's new strike vessel." Braedey realised.

"I'm gonna change my course, Braedey. The Barracuda might be tracking us. and we don't wanna give them a steer to our own base." Owen advised over the Comms.

"Good idea, Owen." Braedey replied back. "I'll do the same. Resume course for base when you're out of range."

"F.A.B." Owen acknowledged, and starts to turn Thunderbird Two to the starboard.