The crowd screams once President Snow takes a pause which leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. The whole Capitol is so brainwashed.

Snow tries to calm the crowd down with hand movements while he continues with his speech. "Thank you for being so brave to stand here today! We will never forget your sacrifice for Panem's safety."

Me and Peeta exchange some glances before I turn my head back to the balcony.

"We wish you happy Hungergames and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

–•–

I get off the chariot fullfilled with anger against everything and everyone, not even Peeta could calm me down in that very moment. My cheeks still hot from the blood pumped into my head from the adrenaline.

"They loved the hand holding just as I expected them to do. Capitolians are easy to get enthusiastic."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms in front of my chest. So Haymitch told Peeta to hold my hand and to put on a show, of course.

Effie stands next to our Mentor, hitting him with her pink sparkling hand fan after hearing his last comment. "At least we don't smell like we haven't changed our underwear for two weeks,"

She huffed I couldn't help but roll my eyes at them with a chuckle, they can't go a day without getting into a fight. Haymitch took my attention when he started to whisper towards me, "You've got yourself a fan," He pointed behind me which made me turn around.

I caught the piercing blue eyes from the District 2 Tribute, Cato. He kept staring instead of taking his gaze away which frighten me a bit, feeling like he could see straight into my soul. He looked like a gladiator, dressed in fully gold.

"What the hell is he looking at?" Once again Peeta rescued me from my thoughts. I turned my gaze to my District partner, shrugging.

"I bet he likes your suit, who wants to be dressed as a gladiator anyway," was all I said before following Haymitch and Effie to an elevator and Peeta follows up shortly after.

–•–

The Tribute Parade was exhausting but I couldn't get to sleep tonight. I lay in bed for what feels like five hours already. I turn my head to the clock on the wall.

1:15 AM

I sighed and sit up, rubbing my makeup free eyes before deciding to get up, wandering around our penthouse. Along with our team, each of the twenty-four tributes stay on a floor corresponding with the respective number of their district. The Training Center apartments are tall white buildings located behind the President's mansion and the Training Center where we're we have to be tomorrow morning.

I went to the elevator quietly, pressing the thirteenth buttom. I thought our appartement was the top of the building, but apparently not. I realized it is a rooftop once I reached the thirteenth floor. I stepped out of the elevator even though I was just wearing a short burgundy coloured sleeping gown.

The fresh air is exactly what I needed in that moment to think clear and the roof top is the first empty place since I volunteered.

I went to the end of the roof top. The view is breathtaking, the Capitol looks so peaceful from up here if you push the thoughts of the reality away.

"What are you doing up here?" The deep voice sounds familiar, like I've heard it before but I couldn't make out the face behind the voice. I turn my head and my eyes land on no one other than Cato.

"I could ask you the same." I snipped back, not showing how intimidating he is.

Cato kept quiet to my surprise and walked towards me instead until he stood right beside me, looking over the Capitol. The smell of his cologne fills the air, a nice change from the usual alcohol smell around Haymitch.

We just stood here for a few minutes in silence before he turned his attention to me, scanning me from head to toe. "I saw your Reaping, twelve."

Twelve? I've got a name.

"I saw yours, I bet you feel honored to be chosen from your mentor to represent your District,"

He just nods, of course he's honored. He trained his whole life to be a killer and to get in the arena to satisy his blood lust.

"I can't wait to show Panem what I'm capable of."

I shook my head, Haymitch was right about him, he's sick in the head. I turned myself to face him, or should I say looking up at him, he's extremely tall.

"So slaughtering innocent people is what you can't wait for? You disgust me." I glared at him before turning on my feet to get back to the elevator.

"Good night, Cato."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

AUTHOR NOTE:

WHO SHIPS CATO AND OPHELIA ALREADY????