"Lici, Nicky!" Ariana's loud voice filled the restaurant and I laughed, getting out of the booth along with my mom. "Girl get in here!" She invited me to a hug and I laughed, hugging her tightly. I let go so we could do our handshake, surprising myself that I still remembered. She hugged my mom, almost squeezing all of the air out of her before saying hi to my brothers as well.

"Ariana, this is Shawn, my boyfriend." I said and Ariana shook his hand.

"You act like I don't know who this is." She chuckled. "I'm Ariana, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well." Shawn responded.

"Damn Nicole I haven't seen you in two years and you bring me your boyfriend, just wait until Ma sees."

"I know it's been a while, but it's for good reason trust me." I nodded.

"We need to catch up sometime, I miss my Nicky." She pouted and grabbed her tray from the table. "I'll be right back, I'm going to tell Ma." She smiled and walked into the kitchen leaving us to ourselves.

"So Nicky?" Shawn chuckled and I playfully shoved him. I rested my hand on his shoulder and played with his hair as I finally decided what to eat.

"It's nice that your brought us here Nicole, thank you seriously." My mom spoke as she hugged Hunter.

"Of course mom." I winked.

"How come you guys never came?"

"Nicole was always busy, and we knew that." Jacob responded. "She did a lot for us, even if she was tired."

"But I promise things are going to change." I nodded. "For the better."

I kept brushing through Shawn's hair as I rested my head on his shoulder, staring out the window onto the city street. My thoughts were soon interrupted when I heard a voice in the background.

"Ariana, I don't have time to be out here." Amelia said and I turned around, making eye contact with her. She still looked the same, her short, black hair with tan skin and her curvy body. I simply smiled and got up.

"Is that really the Ortega family?" She squinted, making us chuckle. I gave her a kind hug before my mom and brothers did the same. Her and Ariana grabbed a chair and took a seat in front of us while we sat back down. "And who is this?"

"Well, this is Shawn my boyfriend." I introduced her and her eyes went wide, making us all laugh.

"Boyfriend? Lici did I hear her right?"

"Yes you did." My mom nodded.

"So where have you guys been these past years, Ariana and I missed you guys."

"Its a really long story, for another time, today we are here to be with people are matter to us." I smiled and looked at everyone. We conversed about Amelia and Ariana, how their lives have been seen we last saw them. Ariana was my age and her mom was a bit older than mine. We had met them when my dad drove by one day and noticed a restaurant opening, he was always like that, curious and always making new friends.

Once he met Amelia he came back home to the apartment with the grand idea of buying and owning a diner. He was so excited. I miss him.

"You okay?" Shawn whispered as the others talked and ate.

"Yeah, I just got caught up in my thoughts." I smiled and patted his thigh, continuing to eat and listen in on their conversations. As we ate Amelia and Ariana went back into the kitchen so we could finish. We were left in silence, eating our food and only hearing the music playing in the background.