Chapter 90

I didn't sleep all night. I spent the entire time tossing and turning. I would get up to the bathroom, sit on my small couch and read, look out the window, or go outside until it reached almost six in the morning. As much as I wanted to stop thinking, I just couldn't.

I decided, if I'm up early I might as well start to get ready. I looked out my window seeing a gray sky, knowing that today was going to be cold. I grabbed a pair of tights and an oversized gray crewneck with the word "Toronto" on it before grabbing my undergarments and walking into the bathroom to wash my body. After my quick shower, I brushed out my hair, putting it in a half up half down bun before applying moisturizer and a bit of mascara.

I sighed, dropping my mascara in my bag and going back into my room to throw my dirty clothes in the hamper. I put on some white high socks and grabbed my shoes before going down stairs to make breakfast for everyone.

I first grabbed my clutch that I had left downstairs last night and stuck my ID and debit card in my phone case since I didn't want to carry a bag. I set my phone down to charge and turned on the radio so I could whip up some breakfast quesadillas. I put on some coffee and grabbed all my ingredients.

"You're up early." I heard my moms voice and i turned to see her in her PJ's.

"Yeah, just thought I'd get a head start on the day." I shrugged and began to scramble the eggs.

"Who's opening today?"

"Manny and V." I smiled and continued to cook.

"Oh, how was last night?" She asked enthusiastically and my heart dropped.

"Well." I stalled and she furrowed her eyebrows. "So you now how you told me that I should really take time to eat more?"

"Yes, why?"

"Funny thing, I kinda, maybe, passed out at the party last night and not to mention Shawn was there." I shrugged and I turned to her to see her eyes widened and her jaw almost on the floor. I sighed and set down the spatula.

"I told you to eat something!" She exclaimed worriedly and I nodded, accepting defeat.

"I know and I was, I was in line to get food when I fainted." 

"Ay Nicole." She shook her head and hugged me. "So, Shawn was there?"

"Yes." I responded curtly and she rubbed circles around my back, probably knowing what was going through my head.

"And?"

"I kinda blew up in his face, so I'm going to apologize to him today, face to face."

"And you think that's a good idea?" She furrowed her eyebrows and I nodded, giving her an unconvincing look.

"I just have to do it, as much as it might hurt, I just hope it brings some sort of closure." I sighed. "For his sake and mine."

She nodded and I continued to make breakfast, Jacob coming out of his room dressed nicely for the day. Hunter came down in his pajamas, bed head and a tired look on his face. He was probably up late playing some of Jacob's old video games since he gave him his old console.

We all sat together and ate, watching a rerun of Grey's Anatomy that was on tv. After I finished my quesadilla I grabbed my phone and texted Elijah, letting him know what I was doing today. I picked up after everyone as they sat and watched Miranda yell at her interns.

"Leave the dishes mija, I'm sure you and Jacob have to get going soon." My mom said and I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I let a deep breath out and looked at Jacob who nodded in agreement. I put down the towel and went to put on my shoes before grabbing my keys. Jacob put on his hoodie and we kissed our mother goodbye and hugged Hunter. We walked out of the house and got into the car quietly.