Chapter 22

I woke up lying in Shawn's arms and he was still asleep. I slowly got up and stretched my arms out while looking at the clock on my desk. It was 9:39 in the morning and I smiled because it was the start of a New Year. I felt Shawn begin to stir in his sleep and he slowly opened his eyes.

"It's too bright!" He groaned and covered his face with the pillow. I smiled and smacked his ass before getting up from bed. "Hey!"

"Goodmorning sleepy head."

"Good morning beautiful." He said and smacked my ass and I yelped. We both laughed and I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I did my business and I walked into the room to see Shawn putting his shirt back on.

"Do you want me to go pick up breakfast? My treat."

"Are you sure? I feel bad." I said and I got closer to him, placing my hands on his waist.

"Babe, of course." He said and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled and he grabbed his car keys. "I'll be back in twenty minutes tops."

"Okay, be careful." I said and he left. I walked to my brother's room and shook them both awake. They both groaned and I went downstairs to clean some leftover dishes in the sink. Both my brothers came downstairs and sat down on the couch to watch tv. I went back up to my room after I finished to change into some tights and a hoodie Shawn left in my room the other day I quickly put my hair in a braid and put some chapstick on. I went on my phone for a little while looking at all the news and saw some news about Shawn and the shows he's going to be on. I scrolled through and saw a picture of Shawn and I walking out of the diner smiling. The caption said, "Shawn Mendes with Mysterious Girl?" I smiled and my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Babe I'm outside, let me up." He said and hung up. I went into the kitchen to buzz him up and placed napkins and utensils on the table. Shawn opened the door and the smell of pancakes and bacon filled the room. I felt a sense of warmth and happiness at the smell of almost a new start.

"That smells amazing."

"I smell better." Shawn said and I laughed.

"That's a funny joke." I said and he looked at me with a serious face. I laughed and my brothers started to giggle. "I'm kidding."

"Haha." He sarcastically laughed and we all sat down. He took out the plates of food and handed each our plate.

"Thanks babe, I appreciate this so much." I said and my brothers nodded.

"Thank you Shawn." Both my brothers said in unison.

"You're very welcome, anytime." He smiled and we all began to eat. "So Jacob do you play any sports?"

"I play basketball, but the season doesn't start until next month."

"How long have you been playing?"

"For three years and I'm planning to play until college."

"That's really good, maybe one day we can play one on one."

"Sounds like a plan." Jacob smirk and I smiled. It made me happy to see my brothers and Shawn getting along. It was great.

-

After breakfast my brothers got ready and we all got into Shawn's car and he took us to go ice skating. My brothers were ecstatic as they got out of the car and Shawn and I walked hand in hand. We went over to rent some skates and I helped Hunter put on his skates while Shawn put his on. My brothers went into the ice rink while Shawn helped me walk into the ice rink since it was the first time in a while I have been skating. We both laughed as I fumbled to get into the ice rink while my brothers were already skating away at a fast speed.

"How do you live in Canada and you don't know how to skate." He laughed as he held me tightly from the back.

"I don't know, it's not exactly my sport." I said and we skated at a slow pace. We continued to skate as other people passed by us. I started to squeal when Shawn would randomly let go of me and I would lose my balance, almost falling on the cold ice. We were gliding on the ice and I finally found finally found enough balance to let go of Shawn, that is until I fell on the ice.

"Someone got a lil bit too confident there." Shawn laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh just help me up." I said and I grabbed his arm, pulling him down with me.

"Hey not fair!" He said and I just laughed. I could hear my brothers in the background laughing as Shawn and I were laying on the cold ice.

"You deserved that." I said and we both got up.

"Man I wish this would never end." He held my hand and we started to glide again. "Can't you just come with me?"

"Shawn I can't, you know that, anyway it won't be long. We can text and FaceTime everyday if you want." I said and he slightly smiled.

"Yeah, I guess, I'm just gonna miss being with you and holding you in my arms."

"Look let's just be in the moment right now and we'll see what happens."

"Okay hun." He smiled and we just continued to pass the time skating and laughing. After a while we got out of the ice rink to take off our shoes and Shawn took us to the nearest McDonalds. We all got out of the car and Hunter went directly for the play place.

"Hey go with your brother, make sure he doesn't do anything bad." I said to Jacob and he nodded. Shawn and I went to place our orders and we went back outside, hand in hand, to sit down near the play place.

"So when do you leave exactly?" I asked and he looked down.

"Tomorrow night, but I'm gonna spend time with my family and before I leave I'll come to your apartment."

"If you want to spend time with your family I get it Shawn, you can just stay with them if you want."

"I just don't want to leave you."

"I'll be here always, I'm not going anywhere." I smiled and held his hand. After all him and my brothers are the only things keeping me sane.