Q & A

Heya!
So for those of you who don't know, my name is Ari, and this Q & A is a result of the book hitting 20,000 reads.
To some, that may seem like a small number; but to a girl who thinks she has NO writing talent whatsoever, that number is huge.
Anyways, pretty much all of the questions you guys asked were sent to me privately, so here we go!!! :)
•••••••••

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: Since about 7th grade, I started to actually make efforts in creatively writing short stories, and after I got into kpop it all just sort of took off.

Q: Is Ari your real name?
A: nope, it's a pseudonym. I prefer to keep my real name off of fan accounts/ writing accounts :)

Q: WHO IS THE SPY?!!
A: I can't tell you!!!!!!!! But since everyone thinks it's Chenle, I'll go ahead and announce that no, the spy is not Chenle.

Q: Will we get to read about some of the pasts mentioned, like Taeyong's tragic backstory?
A: Good question! I'm thinking about writing short spinoffs as companions to "beautiful deception" that deal with those stories, but until I finally finish this book, I can't really afford any distractions. However, this being said, I currently have two spinoffs in my drafts- "first in command" and "perfect betrayal". more on that later!!!

Q: Do you have a boyfriend in real life?
A: Yeah, I do :) his name is not Mark Lee, and no, my bf doesn't know about my love for kpop.
UPDATE AS OF 02/12/2020: he broke up with me with that classic "it's not you it's me" bullshit, but hey there's always mark lee UwU (someone please give me chocolate boys suck🥺)

Q: There aren't any love triangles in this, right?
A: No, as a reader I hate reading books with love triangles- they're silly, frustrating, and just plain overused. So don't worry, you're safe from any love triangles here.

Q: Favorite Starbucks drink?
A: That's hardddddd!!! If I absolutely had to choose, it'd probably be the caramel frap because I'm basic and caramel is the best thing everrr. But I'm a sucker for coffee anyways :)

Q: What inspired you to write the book?
A: So this was actually a two-part thing. The 1st inspiration came from another Mark Lee fanfic on here that I read called "Bandaids" and it was SO good! The 2nd one was that my bff Reid and I had a sleepover the night that Codeword/BD was born, and we randomly said, "Hey, what if NCT was a gang?" And boom, the intro was out.

Q: Have you seen Avengers Endgame yet?
A: Yes, I loved it! NO SPOILERS OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU. THAT IS ALL.

Q: Favorite superhero?
A: Easy, Wonder Woman. Diana is such a powerful figure, and I looooove that we have that kind of role model in the hero industry.

Q: What grade are you in now?
A: I'm in 11th grade, and WOW do I hate school!!!
ughhhhhhh. (just to clarify any confusion: my junior year was the 2019-2020 school year.)

Q: When will the book be finished? / How many chapters are there in total?
A: No telling right now, it depends on how quickly I can revise and edit the chapters. And so far there are 31 chapters; but that could easily change. I might condense them as I edit the book, to be honest.

Q: Do we get a face reveal?
A: Do you want one? Only 3 people have told me they did, so until I get more feedback, that's undecided.
Update: I have posted a face reveal for the two-year anniversary of the book on April 27th! I look super American but oh well. :)

Q: What's your favorite NCT song?
A: Limitless used to be my favorite (try having it full blast as you walk into school!) until Regular English Ver. came out. Holy crap you guys, I listen to Regular ALL the time.