Temptation is Killing Me (Beyoncé & Kelly) Part 13

Bey's POV

The thing about sleeping that I appreciate is that it's like hitting the restart button. If the night or day before was bad, you can wake up the next day feeling cleansed.

I stretched my arms, said my morning prayers, and then went in the bathroom to start some of my morning routine. After finishing in the bathroom, I headed downstairs, the aroma of waffles and sausages in the air.

My parents and sister were at the table with their food and coffee. Kelly was nowhere in sight, but this wasn't uncommon. Sometimes she would either eat before me or find another room to eat in.

"Morning," I said before loading my plate.

"Morning," my parents flatly said.

Solange didn't bother to speak at all, but I decided not to dwell on it because I know how she is sometimes.

It was hard not to notice how weird everyone was acting. So quiet and anti-social.

"What's wrong with y'all?" I finally said.

Solange just pursed her lips and focused on her plate. My parents looked at each other, silently communicating.

"Lovebug, Kelly left," Dad said and looked at the newspaper.

"What do you mean?"

"She left, as in, packed her things," Solange said. "She's moving out."

I looked at my parents for confirmation.

"Yes, it's true," Mom said, her face still solemn.

"When was this? Are you sure she didn't just go see her mother?" I asked. It wasn't surprising that she would hop on a flight to be with her mother.

"No, genius, that guy Brandon picked her up. You do the math," Solange replied.

"Solange." Our parents looked at her sternly.

My heart was heavy.

Dad placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. "Don't worry, sweetie, she might come back."

"Don't hold your breath," Solange muttered.

"Solange!" Dad increased the volume in his voice. "Don't you see your sister is hurt?"

"Yeah well, if she hadn't cheated none of this would be happening, now would it?" Solange smiled sarcastically, standing up before looking at me.

"She is still your sister," Mom said quietly.

"And I love her to the moon and back, but I can't rock with what she did." She threw her plate away and walked out.

"Don't mind your sister. She's upset. Kelly is apart of this family so her absence and choice to leave is felt," my dad said.

I excused myself and went to my room.

****

Kelly's POV

"Thanks for letting me stay here, you're the best."

Brandon smiled, his snow-white teeth on display. "I'm all that? I'll take it, I'll take it. But really, Kelly, I got you. My home is your home for as long as you need."

Sweet was an understatement to describe him.

"It just isn't as fancy as you're probably used to," he said.

I shook my head dismissively. "I don't care how much luxury I come across; I will never forget where I came from."

He smiled hard. "That's one of the things that's so amazing about you. You haven't forgot your roots."