66-Don't Stop Me Now

Start from the beginning

"You'll pay for that, you bitch." I growl before launching my flaming covered body at him again. I block hits that are aimed towards my brother and husband until Thanos simply picks me up, his large hand wrapping around my neck. The flames disappear and I kick my legs, clawing at my hands. He grins at me before throwing me against some concrete. I gasp for breathe. I stand up only to see my husband, Steven Grant Rogers, throw Mjolnir. I blink as it hits Thanos and flies back to his hand. As Thor lays on the ground, I fly past him so I can hit Thanos hard right after Steve hits him with the hammer. The purple alien hits the ground hard and I look at my husband with a smirk on my face.

"The hammer's hot." I tell him and Steve chuckles. We are both very dirty from the battle and the debris that had previously fallen on us. Steve throws his shield at Thanos and I reach up and grab it. I throw it just right so it hits Thanos hard in the face. I catch it when flies back, sliding it onto my arm.

"You fighting Thanos with the shield, that's hot." Steve responds cheekily and I grin before using my telekinesis to lift Thanos up and bring him back down hard. Steve calls lighting down into Mjolnir and strikes it down on Thanos. Oh yeah, definitely hot. I throw him back his shield as we both hit Thanos over and over. Thanos grabs me again to throw me just as he stabs Steve. I don't cry out in anguish over my love getting hurt. I simply just cover my hand in white flames and grab onto the hand that's holding me, causing the Titan to drop me hard. Thanos's arm is sizzling and burned, but it doesn't completely stop him. I quickly get up as he throws Steve and hits that beautiful shield that my father created, breaking it in half. I look at Thanos, breathing hard as I fall onto my knees. You have to get up. Get up.

"You would've made a fun daughter." The Titan tells me, just like he did that day when I first fought against him. There's a smile on his face, but there's also one on mine. I chuckle darkly, looking up at him. I lift up the ground he stands on, forcing him into the air and throwing him once more before I move to get Steve. I run toward my husband and I slide on the ground, kneeling beside him.

"Hey, you gotta get up old man." I tell him as Thanos makes his way towards us. There's a huge gash in his left arm, just as bad as mine. I look at Steve once more, "Come on, baby, get up."

"Violence. Slaughter. It was never personal." Thanos speaks as I help Steve up. We watch as ships crash into the earth and thousands and thousands of aliens walk to stand before us. I want grab onto my husband's hand, but I can't, not now. Be strong, be tough.

"Steve, I love you. Just know that." I tell him, my eyes out on the worsening battlefield. Out of the corner of my eye, he nods his head, tightening his shield to use as a tourniquet. He cries out in pain. This might be it for us, for me. I guess it's a heroic way to go, defending the Earth. I wonder if my adoptive parents would be proud with my life.

Steve's going to lie to you in three, two, one...

"I love you too." My husband responds tiredly as I turn my head towards him. Steve nods and we walk forward. I don't know where Tony is, or Thor, or the others so it's seemingly Steve and I against all of us. Benjamin, I love you so much. I hope you know that. Your daddy and I both love you so much. My depressing thoughts fade away as the comms in our ear suddenly come to life. My eyes widen ever so slightly when a too familiar voice starts speaking.

"Cap....on your left." Sam speaks in our ears and Steve and I both turn our head. Through a portal, out walks T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye and Sam flies out. Dozens of glowing shimmering portals appear and more and more people walk out. I want to cry, I honestly do. There's Peter Parker-and Doctor Strange-I'm guessing those are the Guardians of the Galaxy. Thousands walk out of the portals. I swallow hard, knowing that I can't give up now. I almost shit my pants when a purple Iron Man suit lands in front of Peter, knowing that really only one person can be in said suit. Soon enough, my team-our team is around Steve and I. There's a ridiculous smile on my face. I kiss my husband's cheek happily before lighting my body on fire.