She's Not Me (Ride Or Die) [19]

Start from the beginning

            “Is that your boyfriend?” Ethan called and I turned around to see him walking towards us.

            “Yeah.”

            “Who’s the hot girl in the car?”

            “His friend,” I groaned.

            “Someone’s jealous.” I went to deny it but Ethan continued, “Your boyfriend looks pretty jealous right now as well. He might come and punch me.”

            I turned to Jason who was glaring at Ethan and laughed. “I should go now.” Ethan leaned down and we kissed on the cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I walked to Jason and ignored Sammy, kissing Jason. “Hey.”

            “Who was that?”

            “Ethan?” I laughed.

            “Who is he?”

            “My friend?”

            “I’ve met your friends. I don’t know him.”

            “You haven’t met all my friends, Jase,” I sighed. “Calm down.”

            “He wants you.”

            I started laughing, loudly. “I’ve known that kid since we were like five. He’s like a brother to me.”

            “I don’t like him, Linnea.”    

            “Yeah well I don’t like some of your friends but you don’t hear me getting all possesi-” I accidently said and quickly cut myself off. I didn’t want to be that possessive, annoying girlfriend who couldn’t stand her boyfriend having girl friends. I had always thought that we should both be able to have girl and boy friends – no questions asked. I felt different with Sammy. I didn’t want them hanging out because it seemed like she would do anything to get him. “I don’t want to fight. Let’s just go.”

            “What were you saying?”

            “Nothing Jase.”

            “Who were you talking about?”

            “No one.”

            “Linnea.”

            “Fine, fine. I just… Sammy really likes you and I know you don’t see it but I do.” When the words left my mouth I realised how stupid I was being. “Look, I’m just being an idiot.”