chapter6

I awoke from the silent whistle of the text message. Thank God today is Friday. I sat up too fast and my head got dizzy. I rubbed my eyes out of sleep. I yawned and put my head in my hands.   Fingertips touched my hair and hands went through it without noticing. My hair was tangled from sleep. Then I picked up the phone from the coffee table. Before I could turn it on, its blue screen lit up again, announcing a new message.

You've got 3 new messages from:Finn

-Good night sleepy head!

...

-Hey!Good morning!

-Are you awake?

       Oh my God, did I realy fall asleep while face-timing Finn. It's so emberessing.

 I looked at my watch. It was 11.30 am.A low battery warning appeared on the phone.Well just great, now my phone is dying! -I grunted in my thoughts.While the phone hadn't turned off, I quickly typed text message to Finn.

-Hey !Good morning!I'm awake...At what time we could meet?

-Ugh Finally! I thought you were going to sleep all day.Everything has already been arranged with the other friends. We'll meet in the park at the fountain at 13.40 pm.

   When I read the message my phone switched off.

I got up. Then walked to the stairs a little clumsily and went to my room. My hands pluged in the phone charger an connected the phone as fast as they could.Then I crawled into the closet to find some beautiful outfit to put on to go to the park later.

    However ,Finn would be there, too. Aagh...Stop ,my stupid mind! He's nothing more than friend.Should i realy google : how to make your mind forget that you like someone?Thank God my phone has turned off and I can't make myself a fool by spending time on stupid impossible things.

   In the end, I find a black-and-white striped blouse and beige trousers with tight ends. I put on white socks and black sneakers. I thought about curling my hair later  if there would be enough time.

   But now, still in the pj's, I walk downstairs to make breakfast.In the kitchen I meet my mom. She makes  coffee and smiles at me.

-Good morning, Sweetheart!You were asleep on the couch, what were you doing so late?I didn't want to wake you up.By the way, you had forgotten to lock the door.-She looked at me with a fake mad expression on her face.I could see it was fake, because one corner of her lips stood up to make up a hint of a smile.

-Good morning ,mom!I was just...watching TV..and then i guess i have fallen asleep.-I said. She didn't have to know that I was talking to Finn all nighter.Well...i mean..untill the time i fell asleep.

-But the TV was off...oh whatever. What do you want for breakfast?

-I'll just have a cup of coffee. I'm not hungry.-I said, and looked at the kitchen clock to find out how much time was left.The clock had stopped at 10.34 pm. Strange. I swear I looked at it last night at 11.00 pm.Maybe I just didn't see it right.

Mom had noticed my attention to  clock -It must have stopped because of the electricity damage caused by the last night storm. Just as TV-she added.Have you already emptied the pockets of your clothes? I'm going to put them in the washingmachine.

-Yeah, I have.

-That's great ,sweety!-she answered, pouring more water into the kettle to make me coffee.

     Mother's question had awakened my memories from last night, and suddenly I wanted to look at the little pieces of paper  more closely.

-I'll be back soon. I just need to look at something a little.

-All right. Just don't be away for too long, or your coffee will cool.

   I nodded and hurried up the stairs.When I opened the door I felt a light breeze. I guess there must be asuitable jacket. Wait... where's the wind coming from? My eyes turned tothe window. It was half-closed, and there was something inserted between the panes. Oh no... not again! This time, an incomprehensible symbol was drawn on a thin parchment papper.I took the drawing and closed the window.I switched on the phone. It was 12.45 am.I should start getting ready!

   I opened the door of the room and called out to my mother to the first floor-Mom, don't make me coffee. I'm going to meet my friends. 

   I dressed up and found a suitable jacket.Then ,I put all the notes in the small shoulder bag, partially charged phone, and a few dollars for any occasion.

  As I ran down the stairs, I saw my mother's anxious face with her sleepyeyes. She sighed and said good-bye, lightly kissing my forehead.She has never been too protective,so she never says any safety rules to follow before going outside the house.

   I quickly opened the door and almost bumped into the creepy garden gnome with a lantern. For the last time, I looked at the gleaming screen of my phone to find out what time it was.When I realized there was not much time left, I decided to go to the park with my bicycle.I opened creaky gate and walked out onto the sidewalk.I jumped on my bike and started to drive, looking back at the house, and seeing the glimmering eyes of the garden gnome watching after me.