Searching For The Hope

Start from the beginning

"Thank you...." I reply with a smile.

Tears start to well up in my eyes from all the support.

"Stop getting all mushy, you're losing your beauty." Inuyasha says with a huff.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yells at him.

"It's good to see the fighting side of you again_____________. We'd feared that you will never return to your old self." Sango says with a gentle smile.

"I know. And I'm sorry. But I will be persistent and I will be strong, that way I can go after this goal. But I've decided, if it doesn't work out... I'll tell myself that I tried my hardest. I'll let Naraku go, but I will always love him and only him." I tell them with confidence.

They all nod with renewed smiles. I ate a little, it feels nice to be filled with hope once again. I bid all of them goodnight and I head back to my hut, I change into my nightwear and I lay down onto the futon. I look up at the wooden ceiling, the moonlight filling the room with a serene dim wash of grey. I want to sleep but my mind is filled with Naraku and the fact that I can save him, adrenaline runs through me.

"If everything works out, I hope that the new you will still be the you that I know. I hope that you will still remember me and still love me." I say quietly.

I then close my eyes as I finally force my heart and mind to calm down, before I know it, I fall asleep. Guess the days of stress finally took its toll on me, to sleep with hope in my heart instead of pain, it feels comforting. When I open my eyes, I can hear the birds chirping outside in the warm Summer morning. I sit up and I rub my eyes, I stretch and I look out the bright window.

"Time to start my search for this goddess." I say to myself.

I quickly change into my red kimono, I wash up and I head to the big hut. I open up the curtain, the dim room greets me with the warm smell of breakfast. Miroku, Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, and Lady Kaede are all inside.

"Morning everyone." I greet them with a bow.

"Morning_____________." Lady Kaede replies.

They all greet me with a smile. Not long after, Rin, Shippo, and the kids all come running in. We all sit down and enjoy a nice breakfast.

"We better finish up fast or else we won't have enough time to get to the village." Kagome says.

"You're right, let's hurry." Miroku says.

"Not all of us need to go. Sango, you can stay here and help out Kaede if she needs anything." Inuyasha says.

"Sure, I won't be coming along then___________, I hope you'll be able to find the answer. I'll ask around the village and see if anyone knows anything by chance." Sango says with an apologetic expression.

"Thanks a lot Sango, it means a lot." I reply with a smile.

"Can I come?" Shippo asks.

"Of course you can come Shippo, I will need all the help I can get." I say kneeling down to pick him up.

Shippo nods, his emerald eyes glistening in the light.

"If we're done, then let's go." Kagome says getting up.

I bid Lady Kaede, Rin, Sango, and the kids goodbye as Miroku, Shippo, Kagome, Inuyasha, and I departed. I went to retrieve Boshi, Miroku took a horse from the stables as well. Kagome will be on Inuyasha's back, Shippo climbed onto Boshi and places himself in front of me and held onto Boshi's mane. This way we can travel faster, we go to the exit of the village and head towards the direction of the neighbouring village.