Jane pov...

I meet Riley at the door and quickly take her to my desk. Once we sit down she asks "come on Jane what is going on and why do you look so worried?"

I show her the photo, she asks "someone took a photo of you at my house, so what?"

I say "not just anyone, a serial killer who has history with me, he will target me and possibly you now"

She asks "who is this?"

I say "his name is Charles Hoyt or sometimes known as The Surgeon, I first worked on his case as a rookie and ended up with a scalpel in each hand. He targets couples where he rapes the wife with the husband watching before he kills them both. He has an apprentice and has escaped from prison"

Riley starts to look worried and says "so what does it mean that there is the photo"

I take a deep breath and say "you are in danger possibly, I was called into work because a case with Hoyt's signature has just happened and that is how we got the photo. I called you straight away and haven't looked at the other information or talked to the other detectives on the case yet I had to make sure you were safe first"

Riley goes to respond but Korsak calls my name, I look over and see Korsak there with Frost and Maura. They come over and Korsak asks "what's going on Jane?"

I say "Riley meet Maura Isles, Vince Korsak, and Barry Frost" while pointing out each so Riley knows who is who before I say "this is Riley, it was her house in the photo found. I had to make sure she was safe"

Frost asks "how do you know Riley?"

Riley says "we were a couple at high school but never told anyone and things ended suddenly, I met Jane the other day for the first time in ten years"

Korsak says "alright we can talk about this more later but right now we need to make sure that you two are safe with Hoyt out"

I nod and say "not just us, Hoyt might target you three or my family. I know he would just want me though but he might target anyone to get to me"

Korsak nods and says"lets get to work then"

Riley stays sitting at my desk while I start working and going over what they found at the scene and what Maura has found at the bodies. We have some DNA from the apprentice found on one of the bodies and it is being run through the system to see if we can find out who they are. Frost is looking into anyone that Hoyt might contact or places he might go.