1

Jane pov...

I have been working every day for the last four weeks since I broke up with Casey. Korsak knows something is up but doesn't mention it, Maura is being supportive and letting me know I can talk to her and Frost keeps asking what's up.

I haven't told them that I broke up with Casey, we had been together for a year now and he was even quitting the army for me but I realised that I didn't love him anymore and couldn't be with him any longer.

The case we were working on is finished and all the paperwork is done, Cavanaugh comes out of his office and says we can go home now and he looks at me and says "Rizzoli you have been working non stop for a month, you have no case so I am giving you the next three days off"
I go to protest as I want to work but he says "this isn't up for debate, go home and I don't want to see you until you have had a three day break"
I nod and get my stuff, Korsak and Frost follow me out and we walk out and are walking past the cafe to the door to leave when I see a woman walk in and look at me. She runs up to me and kisses me on the lips and hugs me, she says "it has been so long Jane"
I nod and say "yeah hi Riley, I haven't seen you we were eighteen"
She laughs and says "it has been ten years"
I smile and see Frost and Korsak watching me and I see in the cafe Ma is also watching us so I turn to Riley and say "want to come back to my place to catch up"
She nods and says "I would love to, I came to see if we could talk"
I say "let's go, you can follow me to my place or I can give you a ride"
She says "I walked here so a ride would be great"
I nod and we walk out and I smile and wave at Frost and Korsak who must be wondering what is going on as I had never mentioned Riley and she kissed and they haven't known me to be in a relationship with a girl they must be really confused which makes this so funny for me in my head.